Why become a member? ×

Opinions please - Dean Edge Q4 Bartolini

Paul S

I don't know if this is 'the done thing' to ask but there is a bass in the for sale section that I know nothing much about. On the face of it the bass sounds tempting but I don't know enough and can't find out much.

Dean Edge Q4 Bartolini. How heavy? How skinny is the neck? How does it stack up to a SGC Nanyo Bass Collection, Fender Precision Lyte or Yamaha RBX800E, which would be my current crop. As good? Does it bring anything new to the party that is lacking in the others? If anyone owns or has owned any of these and can make a comparison that would be brilliant.

Ta.

Edited by Paul S

I have one, I bought it 2nd hand when I returned to playing after a 14 year break!

Its nice and light but not 'cheap light', and the neck is super slim and super fast, It looks the nuts, and sounds fantastic.

The controls are dead easy, Vol, front to rear pickup blend, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost.Battery life is also very good.

I can get some lovely tones from it, My guitarist also loves it.

I have had quite a few basses since buying it, but it has stayed. I would buy another without question!

If you can afford, then do it, the one for sale is bargain!