Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 2011 WITHDRAWN

martthebass

Well this is a quick turnround for me, but I know when something aint right for me so why fight it?

Picked this up in a trade with Bassman2790 for my anniversary Stingray, problem is the only basses I've ever got on with long term are shaped like Fenders so as the Welsh say 'there we are'.

As stated above this is a 2011 model and is only a few months old; it's never been gigged and is in mint condition (even the Ric HSC is barely marked). Comes with Ric manual, polish cloth and even the keys!

Looking for £1300 as cash but will entertain trades of good/excellent condition US of A made Fenders or Musicman(men). Pics are below but have an AVS watermark (sorry I'm crap at digital image manipulation stuff), will happily send original images on request.

Because of the value of this bass I would prefer collection or (close) meet up, alternatively you could arrange a courier of your own selection.

Edited by martthebass

Forgot to mention:

The neck pickup cover has been removed (for ease of playing) and will be provided with the bass.
A neck pickup surround with integrated thumb rest has been installed (useful for us finger style players).
The original Ric strings have been replaced with Rotosound 66 rounds which have lots and lots of zing left in them.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1363126' date='Sep 5 2011, 05:25 PM']The nut was changed to White by the previous owner I'm assuming for cosmetic reasons. The original black nut will be supplied along with the bass.[/quote]

I've just got proper clarification of this from Mark ( the original owner).

The nut slots in the original nut were not deep enough so Mark filed them lower but wasn't happy with the results. A genuine Ric part White nut was sourced and fitted professionally.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1362110' date='Sep 4 2011, 07:50 PM']so as the Welsh say 'there we are'.[/quote]

Usually; "There We Are Then...." as an underhand risposte to something stupid the other party has just said (work out the acronym....... :) )

Lovely bass there BTW :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1363345' date='Sep 5 2011, 08:03 PM']Indeed :)[/quote]

Hey Pete, everyone should have owned a Ric, however briefly before they die.....this was number 14 from my '100 to do list'. Do I regret not bonding.....naaaaahhhh, all adds to the spice of life. They'll be a very lucky new owner for her out there somewhere, I'm happy to caretake in the interim. Btw a pre eb is number 19 on the list :)

Also, thanks for the comment Shaggy, the bass is a thing to behold.....the blue looks very nice in the flesh, a bit like the blue pearl on an MM.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1363410' date='Sep 5 2011, 08:39 PM']I think you should of skipped to number 19 then but I know what you mean, Its almost worth keeping just to look at :)[/quote]

As you know Pete, I kept the 30th for going on 2 years just because it was fantastic to look at so (especially in this economic climate) it could happen yet. Do you reckon I'll get away with the Ric for a Stax/Soul band or I'll have to get creative with the Ray FL?

Another bounce before I drop some cash on a nice Ric strap with Schaller strap locks (The standard fitted buttons fit Schaller locks for those that may be interested) and the purchase guilt makes me withdraw.

Still open to trades as well as cash........but I am a fussy burger

[quote name='martthebass' post='1370313' date='Sep 12 2011, 12:40 PM']Another bounce before I drop some cash on a nice Ric strap with Schaller strap locks (The standard fitted buttons fit Schaller locks for those that may be interested) and the purchase guilt makes me withdraw.

Still open to trades as well as cash........but I am a fussy burger[/quote]

You have a pm