Why become a member? ×

Denmark Street

ednaplate

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1336689988' post='1649725']
While I was lurking in an emporium last week pretending I might buy something, a visibly very, [i]very[/i] rich daddy was trying to foist a £79 acoustic off on his lad.

He asked me what I thought of it, so I pointed out that it was useless and he'd be much better off buying the very best guitar he could afford. The lad would progress quicker and Dad would get much more of his money back on a re-sale. Like what? Well, a Martin D18 would do.

So that's what he did. :lol:
[/quote]

I was there a couple of weeks ago. A well dressed man in his early 60's (I would guess) came in to the shop looking for a 6 string bass "tuned like a guitar" to "fiddle around on". The seller handed him a 6 string bass and announced it was £1600. After aprox 3 minutes of noodling he offered the salesman £1550 (which was accepted) and then turned to me and complained with refined, casual resignation about having "17 bloody guitars at home" and now "he had one more of the bloody things".

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1336732581' post='1650077']
complained with refined, casual resignation about having "17 bloody guitars at home" and now "he had one more of the bloody things".
[/quote]

some people just get dealt an unlucky hand. Poor sod.

In the Times today, about 'Top Streets' to visit during the London Olympics, " Denmark Street, WC2. The last interesting street in Soho, home to the best musical instrument shops in town". Perhaps BC should put its oar in.