Why become a member? ×

Greetings from the North East!

StevieC

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='sifi2112' post='173606' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:12 AM']Hi there,

I'm a RUSH fan & use Phil Jones !!

welcome

Si[/quote]

Hi Si, apologies for taking a little while to respond to you. Have you seen Rush live, and if so what did you think of them? I saw them at Newcastle Arena for 'Snakes and Arrows' and thought they were fantastic as usual. (Also saw them in Brum for R30 and Hold Your Fire way before that)

Which PJB amp do you use, and what do you think of that? I was trying my Jazz (in active mode) through my 'Suitcase' and got some tasty Geddy Lee sounds with a few tweeks of the EQ.

Steve

[quote name='StevieC' post='193442' date='May 6 2008, 10:23 PM']Hi Si, apologies for taking a little while to respond to you. Have you seen Rush live, and if so what did you think of them? I saw them at Newcastle Arena for 'Snakes and Arrows' and thought they were fantastic as usual. (Also saw them in Brum for R30 and Hold Your Fire way before that)

Which PJB amp do you use, and what do you think of that? I was trying my Jazz (in active mode) through my 'Suitcase' and got some tasty Geddy Lee sounds with a few tweeks of the EQ.

Steve[/quote]

Hey Steve :huh:

Nice to have you on board ;)

I saw Rush down brum for R30 too, awesome that was ;) Missed the snakes and arrows tour though :)

Anyways hope you enjoy your stay and see you around some time!

P.S. All this talk of stotties is making me hungry, a nice ham and pease pudding sandwich is in order me thinks!

Shaun

• 1 month later...

[quote name='StevieC' post='193442' date='May 6 2008, 10:23 PM']Hi Si, apologies for taking a little while to respond to you. Have you seen Rush live, and if so what did you think of them? I saw them at Newcastle Arena for 'Snakes and Arrows' and thought they were fantastic as usual. (Also saw them in Brum for R30 and Hold Your Fire way before that)

Steve[/quote]Sorry for the late response .. actually left the Hallam FM (Snakes & Arrows tour) early .. was quite disappointed .. couldn't see a thing (cept large screen) & thought the sound was poor ! Thought R30 in MEN was much better & 'Hold Your Fire' tour Ahoy (Rotterdam) late 80's was awsome ! Still my fav band tho (well 2nd after my own stuff ! lol)

PJB sixpak + 9B

Si

Hi all,

Another geordie signing in on this thread.

How about a stottie export business, I mean Craster Kippers gan all ower the world in their little cardboard boxes DHL next day so why not stotties? I always think they taste better the day after anyway!

Seems we've almost enough for a NE bash? Lots of bass, dog and stotties - can't think of a better afternoon's entertainment!

Greetings from another Geordie and, as you might have guessed, a Rush fan!

I must say hello to Lee in Bolton, I spend quite a lot of time in Lancs myself, by way of Preston. I'm usually in Preston for at least a weekend a month for about 6 months of the year! Sound Control in Preston, just off Friargate, is where I got my Spector from!

It's a shame Howard closed the bass place down, we could have used it as a get together meeting place, and spent an afternoon lounging round his shop chatting to Pete!

[quote name='JPJ' post='221849' date='Jun 19 2008, 12:23 AM']How about a stottie export business,[/quote]

I'll be your best customer!

If the old fogies come down for a visit, I usually get them to bring us a job lot. That's as 'bout as near to an export business the HH family has ever come!

Probably explains why I've been a fat b*****d all my life!!!

I bought my Squier JV Jazz off Howard about 17 years ago at his house in Harlough Green (near Low Fell). Seemed a really nice fellow. I really wanted him to make me one of his Jazz copies he had made for the guy who taught me bass at the time, but couldn't afford it on a paperboy's salary!

"Memories, like the colours of myyyy miiiiiiind......."

Edited by Huge Hands

Aye, I know Howard is still in business, he has just jacked in the shop keeping business. He is still making basses and doing repairs. I bought my Hohner Jack bass from him, but I have sold it on now. I played a few of his custom builds, a couple have been a bit rough but a few times, the finished articles have been very nice indeed, particularly a fretless 6 string he made.