Why become a member? ×

Free drum tracks?

solo4652

Firstly - thank you to all of you who wished me well with my new bass guitar. I've not touched a guitar since putting my classical guitar down 35 years ago. I've had my Yamaha BB 404 for 6 days now and I'm using www.studybass.com to get me going. I'm enjoying jamming along with the simple exrcises. Already, I'm looking for a website of free drum backing tracks to jam with - anybody got any suggestions please?

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='157881' date='Mar 15 2008, 10:42 AM']alternatively if you can find songs with simple bass lines, you could always find the TAB and jam along to them?[/quote]

This sounds exactly what I'm after. Where would I get such things on the Web, please? Pardon my ignorance.

Hi guys,

For those that want a good, simple Software drum program for jamming along here's a URL to check out.

It features several FREE programs. I personally use HammerHead and HotStepper.
(HotStepper has the edge)

dead easy for creating tracks to jam with, or for making demos....

None of these would replace either a) a drummer, or :) a good drum machine, but they work great for jotting
ideas to your 4 track of practice....

here it is:

[url="http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/other_drumboxes.shtml"]http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/other_drumboxes.shtml[/url]

(Keep it low, keep it loud)