Why become a member? ×

Status Energy

dangerboy

[quote name='BassBus' post='1355476' date='Aug 29 2011, 05:57 PM']Could I just point out that it is the tone control that is active not the volume. Good luck with the sale, seems like a fair price.[/quote]

This suggests that I need to look at the wiring. TEMPORARILY WITHDRAWN WHILE I GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.

Edited by dangerboy

Have a look on the Status website under "On Line Shop> Active Circuits" (www.status-graphite.com)

I think yours should probably have had the long narrow PCB type preamp with all three pots and output jack attached, although there is another board called the PS1 which may have been fitted as standard.

If it's the long narrow PCB it should give a permanent bass boost, with the treble cut / boost controlled by the tone pot. On the later wooden necked Energy it really needed this circuit as the bass lacked Ooomph, but your graphite necked bass probably sounds good whatever circuit it has in it. :)

[quote name='dangerboy' post='1356168' date='Aug 30 2011, 12:22 PM']Weird - it's none of those. I have a stacked pot to blend the pickups (not attached to a PCB), what looks like a volume pot attached to a small PCB, and a separate pot wired up like a traditional tone knob.[/quote]

i think thats right, i was having a look at this as it looked interesting and then did a wee bit of research, from what i can see it's like the status 3000 also up for sale, that it has a active preshape fixed in to it (the PCB under the volume) and then that lets you tame the treble with a passive tone control. from what iread some were cut only (ie passive) and others had a boost too.

I play one of these as my main bass and love the thing.. couldn't recommend them enough and would definitely have this as a spare if I could afford it! (this is also selling for less than I paid for mine, so it seems like a good deal)

All the recordings on the ReverbNation in my sig were done with this exact model of bass.

Edited by Oscar South