Why become a member? ×

Killer F Bass..

bubinga5

That's beautiful

Keeping my eye on this Bill Nash Precision Bass on ebay (ends today). Bit above my budget but may make a last ditch bid!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BILL-NASH-PRECISION-BASS-BLACK-COUNTRY-COMMUNION-/390341186344?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5ae225d328"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BILL-NASH-PRECIS...=item5ae225d328[/url]

The tops not bad, but the piece of wood on the back is so dull I wouldn't consider it suitable for fake laminate flooring.

Also what's up with the neck joint? Surely the neck and body are made specially for each other so there shouldn't really be any ridge between the heel and the body?

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1355186' date='Aug 29 2011, 12:56 PM']The tops not bad, but the piece of wood on the back is so dull I wouldn't consider it suitable for fake laminate flooring.

Also what's up with the neck joint? Surely the neck and body are made specially for each other so there shouldn't really be any ridge between the heel and the body?[/quote]

The top is beautiful, and I don't agree at all about the wood on the back either. It looks great in fact, I'm not usually a fan of the 'coffee table' look at all but they look like two great pieces of wood.

I'd partially agree that the heel of the neck looks out of place but as long as it plays nicely then I don't see the issue... unless it is actually a construction mistake by F Bass, in that case it would be totally unacceptable.

I played a brilliant F Bass in New York last year and if I'm honest it's the only high end bass I've really lusted after in recent years. The aesthetics of it weren't really in keeping with my band though, but it was a great sounding, great looking bass.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='allihts' post='1355855' date='Aug 29 2011, 04:27 PM']I love the way only the string core goes over the bridge saddles on F bass basses, does it affect the sound or just look cool?[/quote]
Those are likely the LaBella Supersteps he uses. Nice string, sounds scooped or modern to me, kinda soft which I like. A different animal worth trying.