Why become a member? ×

What's too big (cabs)

lojo

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1355226' date='Aug 29 2011, 01:55 PM']Quieter yes, better? Debatable.[/quote]

You are of course correct, better is totally sujective. Apologies if I came over as stating fact rather than opinion.

I meant, better in the sense of easier to mix live band sound (IMO of course).

[quote name='chris_b' post='1354638' date='Aug 28 2011, 06:55 PM']I don't think that's the right question. Is it powerful enough, how many speakers and how heavy is it would be the 3 questions that I'd ask. Would it fit in the car would be the last question I'd think of.

If there was an 810 that weighed 40 lbs I'd buy it. As it is I need each lift to be 40lbs or less and I want a combined total of speakerage of between 600 watts and 1000 watts. And I won't be relying on any cab specs for this info!!![/quote]

I understand your question and agree, but when I posted the thread, I was trying to grab what your initial reaction to seeing a cab in a small venue would be, and what would make you think "too big", regardless of headroom, amp size etc, just initial reaction

Edited by lojo

[quote name='chris_b' post='1354638' date='Aug 28 2011, 06:55 PM'].........................
I want a combined total of speakerage of between 600 watts and 1000 watts. And I won't be relying on any cab specs for this info!!![/quote]

Agree. Just as TC were panned in another thread, I am most sceptical to hear some stated power soaks.

I recently broke a 12" chassis... and the jury is still out of the cause. Duff component or too much amp into the cab....??
Trouble is, the amp is not reknown for being loud and was runing at 2/3 the capacity of the speaker output....max..!!

[quote name='chris_b' post='1354638' date='Aug 28 2011, 06:55 PM']...I want a combined total of speakerage of between 600 watts and 1000 watts. And I won't be relying on any cab specs for this info!!![/quote]

So how will you get this info? Will you be Klippel and thermal-failure testing the cabs yourself? :)