Why become a member? ×

why does my E string buzz on my Marcus Miller bass

rafael_bassplayer

[quote name='rafael_bassplayer' post='1351792' date='Aug 25 2011, 09:39 PM']emmm well i put my action super low and now all the strings are fine but that E sdtring -_-[/quote]

HAHAHAH JUST pact it a little and it working nicely now humm i guess its a new nut then -_- i seen the warwick nuts have that cool double scrow system do think i should but that or somthing

[quote name='rafael_bassplayer' post='1351795' date='Aug 25 2011, 09:42 PM']HAHAHAH JUST pact it a little and it working nicely now humm i guess its a new nut then -_- i seen the warwick nuts have that cool double scrow system do think i should but that or somthing[/quote]

If it's compensated nut like the EBMM, they make very little difference. Supposed to help with intonation, but it's no different on my others.
I would check the break angle between the nut and tuning post. Usually this helps with limited buzzing, if you can't increase it anymore then you may have to look at a new nut or just keep it padded.

No need to spend money on a fancy nut, as long as it's solid fits the bass and is filed correctly it'll do the job 100% as well and any other.

[quote name='Mornats' post='1352281' date='Aug 26 2011, 12:21 PM']I got one of my Bass Collections set up (truss rod, action, cleanout of the electronics bit) for £35 and this included a new custom-made brass nut to fit my string gauges. So it shouldn't be too expensive to get one replaced.[/quote]

By who? That's a great price!

[quote name='dc2009' post='1352353' date='Aug 26 2011, 01:14 PM']By who? That's a great price![/quote]

It was done by Stuart from The Guitar Shop in Worcester ([url="http://theguitarshopworcester.co.uk/"]http://theguitarshopworcester.co.uk/[/url]). Top bloke he is. Sadly, I don't live in Worcester anymore so can't use his great services anymore.