Why become a member? ×

Aurora Project neck leds

bobpalt

Has anyone had any leds fitted by these guys, who are based in Orpington, Kent, and if so, how good was the experience?

They are a lot cheaper than SIMs, although their neck leds are only quoted as lasting 5 or 6 hours on a battery (!), but I reckon I would need to go through a lot of batteries to make up the cost.....

[quote name='bobpalt' post='1350360' date='Aug 24 2011, 03:39 PM']Has anyone had any leds fitted by these guys, who are based in Orpington, Kent, and if so, how good was the experience?

They are a lot cheaper than SIMs, although their neck leds are only quoted as lasting 5 or 6 hours on a battery (!), but I reckon I would need to go through a lot of batteries to make up the cost.....[/quote]

I've never seen any of their work - it does intrigue me to how good they are and if their method of installation is the same as Sims.

[quote name='charic' post='1350371' date='Aug 24 2011, 03:46 PM']I had one of their scratchplates that light up. They forgot to mention there wasn't going to be room for a battery in a MIM pbass. In all fairness they accepted the return without too much hassle.[/quote]

I could have told you that from the word go - John East had to develop a new battery/charging solution for that exact reason so you could have an active circuit without having to route the bass.

having been to their showroom, i saw a coule of instruments with either necl leds or the lit scratchplates.
The finish on the plates was ok, but I saw a couple of basses with the led dots lifting from the neck. I was tempted when i saw them online, but after this, i think id pay the extra and go to SIMS.

Other people's experiences may be better than mine, and this was a couple of years ago, so things may be drastically different by now.

I fancy a light up scratch plate for my Epi TB pro-V when I get a bit of spare cash, I already know what I want. There's no cavity under the scratchplate but a sizeable enough one on the back, and an existing battery compartment as it's active, do you know if that'd be alright?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1350382' date='Aug 24 2011, 03:52 PM']I could have told you that from the word go - John East had to develop a new battery/charging solution for that exact reason so you could have an active circuit without having to route the bass.[/quote]

It was in my pre-basschat days unfortunately :)

[quote name='dc2009' post='1350925' date='Aug 25 2011, 12:37 AM']I fancy a light up scratch plate for my Epi TB pro-V when I get a bit of spare cash, I already know what I want. There's no cavity under the scratchplate but a sizeable enough one on the back, and an existing battery compartment as it's active, do you know if that'd be alright?[/quote]

Youll need a way for the wire to get from the scratchplate to the back cavity.