Why become a member? ×

ALL SOLD Hughes & Kettner 410H, Marshall 1150

Beedster

ALL NOW ON EBAY AT BARGAIN PRICES 'COS I'VE GOT TO GET RID OF THEM........

Hi all
Gonna spend my next 6 month's salary on something very sexy sound-wise so all my current stuff is up for grabs for very low levels of cash.
Pics to follow but in the meantime....

[list]
[*]SOLD Hughes & Kettner 410H 600W 8ohm. The good H&K, not the other stuff. AWESOME CAB. LOUD, LARGE, AND LOVELY. I paid that purveyor of 80's mojo, Silverfoxnik, £100. Yours for the same. It's worth a whole lot more :)
[*]Marshall 1550 250W 8 ohm (with Celestion Sidewinder). SWEET OLD SCHOOL TONE & UNBREAKABLE. £100
[*]Carlsboro 150W power amp CHEAP, CHEERFUL, BUT EFFECTIVE. £50
[*]Bassman Nomad preamp 80's MOJO BY THE TON. Compression, sub-octave, chorus and reverb. Stereo out. £100
[*]Trace Elliot GP7SM250. DOES WHAT IT SAY ON THE TIN. Old Trace, not the new stuff. Pure 80's bass. I paid the good man S_U_Y approx £200. Yours for the same
[/list]

All in good order and all collectable from Milton Keynes (or meet on M1 somewhere). Can also get any of the above to the Northampton bash. Trades welcome - no wives though :huh:

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='155649' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:37 PM']Hi Chris,

PM sent in reply to yours re: the H&K... Thanks for coming up with my new strapline; will now sign everything in future 'Silverfoxnik - purveyor of 80's mojo' :)

I can see my new business cards already....

Nik[/quote]

H&K on hold whilst Nik tries to find a way of getting 3' x 3' x 2' of black box past his lady :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='155649' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:37 PM']Hi Chris,

PM sent in reply to yours re: the H&K... Thanks for coming up with my new strapline; will now sign everything in future 'Silverfoxnik - purveyor of 80's mojo' :)

I can see my new business cards already....

Nik[/quote]

Nik, you MUST be wanting the Bassman also, it's right up your street. Just imagine your Wal through that almighty compresion and chorus. Mick Karn eat your heart out...
A lot easier to get past Mrs Silverfoxnik than 2.5 tonnes of H&K as well :huh:
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='155672' date='Mar 12 2008, 12:17 AM']Nik, you MUST be wanting the Bassman also, it's right up your street. Just imagine your Wal through that almighty compresion and chorus. Mick Karn eat your heart out...
A lot easier to get past Mrs Silverfoxnik than 2.5 tonnes of H&K as well :)
Chris[/quote]
:huh:

Funnily enough, I've no idea what the Bassman Nomad is Chris and must admit to not being a fan of 80s bass sounds particularly (Wals being the exception).. I've never liked that compressed / chorus sound that took all the guts out of a bass IMHO... My problem is that I really prefer 60's and 70's basses and bass sounds but in general, can't afford to buy basses from that era!!

[quote name='Beedster' post='155644' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:32 PM']Hi all
Gonna spend my next 6 month's salary on something very sexy sound-wise so all my current stuff is up for grabs for very low levels of cash.[/quote]

What are you going to buy Chris?
Have a BUMP as well!

Steve

[quote name='Beedster' post='155743' date='Mar 12 2008, 08:47 AM']Coming from a man with a Wal :)[/quote]
I knew you'd say that!! :huh:

The Wal Pro 2e is worth about £800-£1000 I suppose, but that kind of money still won't fetch me a really nice 70's P or J bass.. Not at the prices I've seen around at the moment!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='155774' date='Mar 12 2008, 09:34 AM']Aye theirs no two ways about it, Thats a bitchin' cab at a bitchin' price![/quote]

It certainly is. If I was still playing Chilis stuff on a Modulus I'd be keeping it for sure. I could obvioulsy get a lot more but if I'm selling it here it's for what I bought it for here.
It's pretty sold several times over depending on whether Mrs Silverfoxnik can be persuaded to let it in the house!
Chris

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='155765' date='Mar 12 2008, 09:25 AM']If Nik doesn't want that H&K cab Chris, I'll have it.[/quote]

As you may remeber mate, it's pretty heavy. I know Parcelforce won't touch it.... (which is probably a good thing :))

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='155805' date='Mar 12 2008, 10:11 AM']I knew you'd say that!! :)

The Wal Pro 2e is worth about £800-£1000 I suppose, but that kind of money still won't fetch me a really nice 70's P or J bass.. Not at the prices I've seen around at the moment![/quote]

Nik, I have 5 Precisions, 4 of which are 70's. Ill swap you one for the Wal?

[quote name='birdy' post='155761' date='Mar 12 2008, 09:21 AM']What are you going to buy Chris?
Have a BUMP as well!

Steve[/quote]

Cheers Steve
Looking at a Markbass Jeff Berlin at present. From what I;ve read and been told it seems to be what I'm after. Any thought....?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='155998' date='Mar 12 2008, 02:22 PM']As you may remeber mate, it's pretty heavy. I know Parcelforce won't touch it.... (which is probably a good thing :))[/quote]

I think interparcel will take oversized items, I've used them to send and recieve multiple cabs succesfully, seem to be very competativly priced too :huh:

[quote name='Beedster' post='155998' date='Mar 12 2008, 02:22 PM']As you may remeber mate, it's pretty heavy. I know Parcelforce won't touch it.... (which is probably a good thing :))[/quote]

I'll shop about. I was going to take it last time and I'm sure I had a courier that would do it. It'll make a cracking rehearsal room cab!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='156455' date='Mar 13 2008, 06:59 AM']No worries mate, just giving you options! Haven't had the chance to say 'nice to see you back' :huh:[/quote]

Thanks John, sorry that once agaibn this isn't travelling north! Given the way these things go around on BC, it will get there eventually I'm sure :)

Well, I've just bought myself a new Mark Bass Jeff Berlin combo :huh:
Apparently, I have to pay for it ;)
That measn all the lovelies above will go to the bay at the weekend if noit grabbed here first :)

OK, the Carlsboro ain't state of the art (but for £50 what do you expect), but the rest is good stuff so come on.
You know I'll consider offers from you lovely people....
Chris :brow:

All stuff (Trace head, H&K 4x10, power amp and preamp) still available.

Come on people, please don't say you're going to buy stuff and then pull out (Nik, not talking to you there mate).

I cannot courier any of this stuff, sorry, I have my reasons. It's pick up only from MK or I can meet at a weekend or evening somewhere reasonable.

Chris