Why become a member? ×

Marshall 2001 - 400W Epic doom valve beast.

umph

If you've heard of this before you'll know how much of a beast this is but if not basically This was marshalls answer to the svt, It has two channels - one similar to the b15 and another which is marshalls take on the svt. Both channels can be bridged and are foot switchable. It has a inbuilt compression circuit and a 600 ohm POST power amp balanced line out which is awesome.

It's been serviced with the aid of john at champ electronics and we've had it on the bench doing 420W and is good to go, although you might wanna invest in some cooling since it really runs the valves hot. It has a brand new octet of kt100's

It weighs an absolute tonne due to the epic transformers it has in it (polar oposite of the underrated ones in the newer 400W amp) so i'd recomend pick up but i could post it if you like.

Looking for around £1050OBO for this.

sorry about the quality did these pictures with my phone. Also feel free to ask any questions about it

Edited by umph

[quote name='umph' post='1345724' date='Aug 19 2011, 06:37 PM']Gonna have to sell my epic lump of doom since cats got ill and i need money to cover the vet bills.[/quote]

Really sorry to hear this, but its got to be the least DOOM thing I've ever read

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1346828' date='Aug 20 2011, 11:55 PM']If they were bigger, you couldn't lift them....

Mains trannie
[attachment=87536:power_trans.JPG]

Output trannie
[attachment=87535:output_trans.JPG][/quote]

aye is epic stuff. 3inch stack of DVVM

[quote name='umph' post='1345724' date='Aug 19 2011, 06:37 PM']It's been serviced with the aid of john at champ electronics and we've had it on the bench doing [b]420[/b]W and is good to go, although you might wanna invest in some cooling since it really runs the valves hot. It has a brand new octet of kt100's[/quote]

Only just noticed this. 420 duuude.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...