Why become a member? ×

Very odd gig!

stingrayPete1977

Just come back from playing Q in the park which is a gig in Stafford park's band stand for the queing folk waiting to get the coaches to the V Festival at Weston park, First slot 10am, 30 minute slots until 4pm today. 13'000 people coming through with about 1000-1500 in ear shot at any one time. I just played the 11am slot which is odd for a start but playing to a very slowly sideways moving crowd was a first! probably about 2000 or so people got to hear the set a various stages as they passed, No one clapped to any act except the local people who had gathered near to the band stand, I think the crowd generally will be the type that think unless your famous your automatically crap rather than the hey we could see the next big act here type. Better than being at work or the vets/dentist which is where Im off to now! Oh well we had fun thats all that matters maybe next year we will be headlining V and can remind them to clap for people who put some effort into giving them something to see for hours on end for free :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1345411' date='Aug 19 2011, 01:22 PM']Your vet also covers your dentistry? :)

Sounds like a good little gig mate, albeit in odd format -still, to get in front of so many people is surely no bad thing![/quote]

Very good,very good! Vets done and dog dropped off home, dentist next for me in opposite direction at 3.35

Yes there was certainly a few people and it beats being at work!

[quote name='ben604' post='1345412' date='Aug 19 2011, 01:22 PM']Sounds very cool! To be fair, if you're going to V Festival, you're probably not into music anyway, so don't be upset by their lack of enthusiasm! It's a rubbish festival.[/quote]
True this is what we thought, Frontman did give them a few verbal jabs towards the end "mindless Prolls" I think was one :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1345403' date='Aug 19 2011, 01:18 PM']Just come back from playing Q in the park which is a gig in Stafford park's band stand for the queing folk waiting to get the coaches to the V Festival at Weston park, First slot 10am, 30 minute slots until 4pm today.[/quote]

What a brilliant idea, we need more Q festivals. Those of us who can no longer afford to go to real festivals can pop along and watch for nowt. Local knowledge only, I quite fancy something like this.

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1345520' date='Aug 19 2011, 02:59 PM']What a brilliant idea, we need more Q festivals. Those of us who can no longer afford to go to real festivals can pop along and watch for nowt. Local knowledge only, I quite fancy something like this.[/quote]
That side of was great, Plenty of locals making an appearance next to the stand. Nice little setup, burger van, cold drinks etc plenty of grass to sit out etc. If I wasnt so busy today I would of been more than happy to sit and watch all the bands until 4pm :) We did a similar one at Stafford castle a few weeks ago which was really good with plenty of people watching and a nice atmosphere too, One of my best gigs ever!

[quote name='charic' post='1345809' date='Aug 19 2011, 08:24 PM']Great idea! Although it sounds like you should've had someone next to the Q to sell merch for you :)

Even a few free giveaways could prove profitable in that situation.[/quote]
They were giving out flyers and stuff with all the myspace/iTunes links etc, Dave doesn't leave home without a dozen CDs to sell either :) I haven't looked to if we raised any more web hits than normal but I doubt it.