Why become a member? ×

Rat-Pack tunes

Simon.

Holla folks,

After recently managing to fall into a working covers band, I now find myself in the awkward situation of:

1. Making money out of playing bass for the first time, rather than paying out all the time, :) and
2. Have a [i]shed[/i] load of tracks to learn, having steadfastly avoided covers for the best part of 20 years!

So, I was wondering if anyone could help out with charts or tabs for a bunch of rat-pack tunes:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You
I Left My Heart In San Francisco
Me and My Shadow
My Way
One For My Baby
Fly me to the Moon
Mack the Knife
Beyond the Sea
Ain't that a Kick in the Head
L-O-V-E
Come Fly With Me
I've Got You Under my Skin
Luck be a Lady

It's a fair list, so any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited by Simon.

Yep there are some great tracks in there, although there is also quite a high cheese content in the standard covers set!

All in there's about 50+ tracks in the main set, plus the Rat-Pack stuff and then about a dozen ceilidh tunes! Given that I knew less than 10 of the whole list before joining the band, it's been a very busy few weeks of learning.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1348145' date='Aug 22 2011, 05:00 PM']I have played about 8 of those tunes at the local British Legion, although I dont know the original bass parts, I invent my own.
Most of them are II - V- I progressions or a variation on it. :)[/quote]

Maybe you can hook the guy up via PM?

To the OP, to get you started ask the guitar/keyboards for the basic chords to help set you up, and go from there, a few I know are th obligatory walking line, I believe.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input so far. Bilbo have very graciously offered to help out with charts for some of the tunes, which is great, and any other input is much appreciated.

Prime_BASS - I'll definitely be getting the basic chord charts as a starting point and am quite happy to create my own lines, but was hoping to get as close to the original as possible.

Cheers,

Simon.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1348145' date='Aug 22 2011, 05:00 PM']I have played about 8 of those tunes at the local British Legion, although I dont know the original bass parts, I invent my own.
Most of them are II - V- I progressions or a variation on it. :)[/quote]
+1, it is the best way. Throw some lead sheets together and note any rhythmic phrases key to the song and you are there.

[quote name='Simon.' post='1344573' date='Aug 18 2011, 04:46 PM']Can't Take My Eyes Off YouMe and My Shadow
My Way
Mack the Knife
Beyond the Sea
Ain't that a Kick in the Head
L-O-V-E
I've Got You Under my Skin
Luck be a Lady[/quote]

Simon still needs these ( I haven't got them, they are in other people's pads I play with, not in any of the books I have)