Why become a member? ×

Power supply for something that runs on batteries only

Delberthot

More specifically I want to run my incoming Sonuus B2M using my existing multi power supply rather than on batteries but it doesn't have an adapter input.

I was wondering it I got one of those connectors that had a 9v battery clip on it at one end that could be attached to one of the outputs on my power supply I could use that instead?

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1344079' date='Aug 18 2011, 09:48 AM']You'll do no damage using something like that adapter, as long as the voltage and polarity of the mains adapter connector are correct.[/quote]

I use an adapter atm and it caused me all sorts of problems, with my Russian Big Muff.. it just so unreliable.

But, I am going to get one of these, soon.
[url="http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/PS_Virtual_Batteries.html"]http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/PS_Virtual_Batteries.html[/url]
They're £30, but its basically a fake battery that you plug a 9v lead in to, so it wouldn't case any problems.

[quote name='civictiger' post='1344401' date='Aug 18 2011, 02:18 PM']I use an adapter atm and it caused me all sorts of problems, with my Russian Big Muff.. it just so unreliable.[/quote]

There's no fundamental real reason why such an adapter should be unreliable - it's just two connectors and a bit of wire.

Wires can break, of course, and connections can become intermittent, but nothing that wouldn't be easy to fix.

Might be worth having a close look at the 'battery' end of the adapter. Sometimes the flower-like terminal can open up and not make good contact with the other mating half. A gentle squeese with some pliers will close the 'flower' so that it grips the mating half more securely. Hope that makes sense.