Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shuker 6

Rayman

One of Jons' early builds, when it went for a tart up recently even he wasn't sure when he's made it, but we're guessing early 2000s.

Wenge body, maple top, rosewood fretboard, EMG pups & eq, a beautifully put together instrument. A few light marks but nothing major, it plays lovely with a pretty low action, and as I say, was back with Jon a few weeks back for a clean up and to have a couple of ebony ramps made, which I have taken off (they're only stuck on with double sided tape) as I decided they weren't for me.

I use my Stingray pretty much all the time, so this beaut just isn't getting much use.

I hope it's ok for me to use this picture as it's provided by a previous owner:

and this one recently with the ramps fitted, taken with my, quite frankly, embarrassing phone camera:

As I say, the ramps have been removed, but come with the bass if you want them.

35" scale, but very easy to play IMO, it's a lovely lovely thing, but having bought it for the band, it just doesn't fit in for what I need.

I won't lie, it's pretty heavy, I don't know the weight because I don't have any scales, but it's not light.

It sounds magic, and it plays like a dream, it really does, but I'm after either a Stingray, a Jazz or a Precision in a trade.

I [i]can[/i] post, but I'd rather not, so I can drive within reason across most of the NW of England to meet you.

So, there you are, unfortunate that it hasn't worked out for me, but I can't afford to keep it and not use it.

[b]TRADED !!![/b]

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='charic' post='1344599' date='Aug 18 2011, 05:08 PM']Yikes that's beautiful. I'm guessing the trade wouldn't go for a pimped MIM P :)[/quote]

I had a MIM P bass, and it was great, but I'm after something a bit more upmarket, thanks anyway mate.

Dood will be disgusted that I'm letting this one go I'm sure.

[quote name='Stag' post='1344513' date='Aug 18 2011, 03:34 PM']surely Mr Dood could do with another one?

:)[/quote]

[quote name='Rayman' post='1344602' date='Aug 18 2011, 05:11 PM']I had a MIM P bass, and it was great, but I'm after something a bit more upmarket, thanks anyway mate.

Dood will be disgusted that I'm letting this one go I'm sure.[/quote]

Mr Dood is absolutely not looking for another 6 string SHUKER...

He will keep telling himself that until his will finally breaks!!

Okay, I am weighing up the likelihood of getting a second sixer and it will be a Shuker! There, I said it! Sadly though I am incredibly fussy and will be looking for something closer to my headless with a 16mm spacing/34" scale.

Gorgeous bass though, sad to see that you are selling, but the new owner will surely be lucky to own such a fine instrument!