Why become a member? ×

Ibanez or Yamaha?

Buxx

:) I just bought a BB414in metallic orange and I really like it.Nice jazz ish neck.Comfy weight.Fair P sound;well funky with both pups and blindingly honky bridge pup.Got mine at a reduced price too as it had been sat in the shop for ages!!!!Itried it thru a Peavey in the shop and wasn't overwhelmed,but I needed a cheap bass.Different story played thru my Hartke amp.I also play it thru a Trace combo at a pupils house to amazing results.Good luck mate.And check Th'ebay.There was one for sale in Scotland brand new.

MB1. :)

Ibamaha?.......could be an interesting concept!
Early ibanez roadsters with the square pickups were rather good! The ATK series are very good
The only Yamahas ive played have been RBXs which arent bad either
IBANEZ FOR ME! ME THINKS! :huh:

Theres really not a lot between them. They are both excellent VFM, they will both be easy to set to play well. They will both have budget Jap ideology of wiring (sometimes odd set ups) but like all things Jap they will work.

Its goingt to come down to which one YOU prefer to play. That having been said the 414/614 suggested will be closest to what yoru used to with the P.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='155220' date='Mar 11 2008, 12:18 PM']Try them both and buy the one you like best. This is just an opinion poll.[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Indeed!......We cant make your mind up for you!
I shall say this only once......"This is not a Love Song!" :)

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='155162' date='Mar 11 2008, 10:56 AM']I just bought a BB414in metallic orange[/quote]

Same here. I was in a similar situation in terms of a back up. Obviously I went for the Yamaha, but I was looking at an Ibanez as well.

Opinion post +1.

Plus one for the Yamaha BB414

I did lots of research before I bought mine, a real classic, plays easy and has a very good sound.

GAK will do you one for £199. Don't be put off by the price , I tried Basses around £200 -£400 , this was the best I tried.

Check out the reviews on Harmony Central.

oooh, a hard one... ive never played the SRX but own the SR500 and my dad owns an ATK, which are both brilliant basses, so I'd be tempted to go with the ibanez, but when i bought my precision i tried out both the passive and active version of the yamaha, and the passive was VERY nice (i didnt rate the active much, though, tbh). so i really dont know... what a lot of help i am :)