Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD ON EVILBAY! Trace Elliot AH200 GP12 Series 6 with correct footswitch! - Massive pricedrop

dc2009

Up for sale is my Trace Elliot AH200 GP12 Series 6. The footswitch for this specific model is included, and this cost me £30 purchased separately (these are very hard to find and this is the only one of these I've seen with the footswitch).

It comes with the rackmount ears, though they aren't attached. Similarly, the top of the case is not attached. I have the screws that originally attached these bits, but they all had the heads mashed when the thing arrived, I spent ages taking them out with pliers with the intention of getting new screws but never got around to doing so.

This is a series 6 Trace Elliot, widely regarded as being the pinnacle of Trace's fine bass amp making history. The thing sounds great, and is fantastically loud. I was concerned when buying this about it being only 200W, but read an independent review on Harmony Central and saw one guy saying it blew most modern solid state 400W amps well out of the water, and having heard it I can only agree with what he said. I rarely have it above one click up from zero at home and never more than two.

I have a Hartke combo now and it does all I want and need, so this has to go as financially I can't justify keeping it for a few gigs where I may as well just use my Sansamp.

I'll post up a full rundown of the controls and some photos later on, but have to rush out to practice shortly.

[s]I'm going to ask for £275 + postage, which will probably make it a round £300 shipped and insured to most of the UK.[/s] [b]£225 posted and insured to the regular UK[/b]

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions,
Dan

Edited by dc2009

Now on eBay here @ £300 or best offer including insured delivery, will do it for less if a BCer buys it on here.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280729476194?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_802wt_1139"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280729476194?ssP...9#ht_802wt_1139[/url]

that's awesome news, thanks longtimefred :)

You can tell him that a cab and head is better than a combo - less back-breaking weight to carry at a time, and as for the options it gives you it's great. I did a few gigs where I just took this head along so I could have what was largely 'my sound,' with the only thing that wasn't mine being the in house bass cab!

How's the sandberg treating you?

[quote name='timo' post='1364723' date='Sep 6 2011, 10:19 PM']Aagh I need to get a car so I can justify buying bigger stuff otherwise I'd be all over this![/quote]

Cars are overrated, have you seen the anti-petrol-price thread in Off Topic at the mo?

Get yourself one of these, you can use it with just about any cab going, and if you can't take a cab to a gig, take this, and you'll still sound like you (and you'll sound better too cos the amp is so awesome)!

Yo DC, just thought i would post back to stop leaving you hanging.

The guy who wanted a combo that i was searching for has found a deal he couldnt resist. He got a 300 watt Ashton valve head and 4x10 cab brand new for £400. cheap chinese stuff but for the money its stonking.

The Sandberg is AMAZING!!! i used it in the recording studio for the first time the other week on the bands new tracks and the tone is just to die for. Pure ballsy fat RAWK sound. blows any Fender i have used in the past out the water. Its so easy to play its untrue. I want another one lol.

Hope you get this shifted mate, great bits of kit.

Will