Why become a member? ×

Rockbottom looted

AndyZed750

[quote name='louisthebass' post='1335364' date='Aug 10 2011, 05:49 PM']A real shame that the shop got trashed & looted :) - Lee Pomeroy (Take That's Bass player) used to work there.[/quote]

As did Rick Wakeman's guitarist Dave Colquhoun.

Such a shame - hope RockBottom can get back on it's feet

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ENsB_dpR0"]Rockbottom looted[/url]

I really hope the owner has not seen this clip because it must hurt and anger so much to watch these tossers happily wandering about with all the guitars amps and anything else they can carry away from his shop.

This vid won't surprise him. Apparently a looter got trapped downstairs at Rockbottom (with buildings on each side on fire). Owner Carl was outside and eventually persuaded police to let him go in and get the guy. So he literally walked in WHILE dozens were in the act of looting his shop, got the guy, then walked back out again.

Word is the insurance is OK. Hope they can get back on their feet.

Edited by KK Jale

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1334282' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:07 PM']I'm putting on a gig in Canterbury in September all proceeds will be going to those who got looted, even if it puts food on their table for a few days it's worth doing.[/quote]

Good man. :)

[quote name='KK Jale' post='1336234' date='Aug 11 2011, 11:15 AM']This vid won't surprise him. Apparently a looter got trapped downstairs at Rockbottom (with buildings on each side on fire). Owner Carl was outside and eventually persuaded police to let him go in and get the guy. So he literally walked in WHILE dozens were in the act of looting his shop, got the guy, then walked back out again.[/quote]

He definitely is a greater human being than I am.

If I went in, I do not thing it would be to help him out exactly, I'm afraid.

Edited by mcnach