Why become a member? ×

Kick back monitor

Westie9

[quote name='Westie9' post='1330833' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:11 PM']Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent kick back monitor cab? Either a combo or stand-alone? If a combo, is the DI output anygood? Thanks[/quote]

Not sure a single 12" would have to power needed in a loud setting, but if you want it entirely to yourself, plus additional capability, I wouldn't look any further than
a Markbass 102 combo.

We use one as a basic drum monitor using a sub-mix if req'd.

[quote name='acidbass' post='1330873' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:56 PM']Hartke Kickback 12 is a great amp, but I recall some PA engineers using a seperate DI with mine as apparently the onboard one was a little noisy.[/quote]

Do you find the 12 loud enough for you? Also, I'll be standing right on top of mine, do you get an even balance?

[quote name='Westie9' post='1330982' date='Aug 7 2011, 03:17 PM']Do you find the 12 loud enough for you? Also, I'll be standing right on top of mine, do you get an even balance?[/quote]

I used it onstage with a five-piece band, and also in an orchestra pit, and found it consistently good across the board. Mine has a loose input jack at the moment though and so it's not being used right now, but once I get it repaired I fully expect it to deliver as it always does! I'd recommend a cover for it though if you do go for one, especially if you have pets - my cat made absolute mincemeat of the carpet covering :)