Why become a member? ×

Best budget in-ear headphones

Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' post='1328434' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:56 AM']As per title. I always break them - chuck them in the gym bag and they get abused, sweated, sauna'd and steamed - so no point getting HI-FI.

ta![/quote]

I'd be interested too. Next time I had to remember to strengthen where the wires joins the jack plug - that's always where I break them at the gym when I put the mp3 player in a pocket in my shorts, it gets too much bending.

[quote name='lanark' post='1328645' date='Aug 5 2011, 12:58 PM']I'd be interested too. Next time I had to remember to strengthen where the wires joins the jack plug - that's always where I break them at the gym when I put the mp3 player in a pocket in my shorts, it gets too much bending.[/quote]

The cheapest T-Bone from Thomann is OK; slightly metallic treble but solid bass and a steal at under a tenner with an assortment of rubbery bits and a pouch. [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_ep_2.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_ep_2.htm[/url]

Shame it costs more for shipping than the price of the item. Bear it in mind next time you're ordering a load of strings maybe?

Or PM me if you'd like me to get a pair and post them to you next time I do a Thomann order. Don't know when it'll be, mind.

They look just the job - to see a sub-£10 set of earphones listed in the top 10 with sets that cost £200 is pretty impressive. And that's an extremely kind offer - thank you! - but I reckon I'll get 2 pairs at least and shouldn't find it hard to add a couple of other bits and bobs.

Ta.

These should be alright for a tenner - [url="http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/19517754/Sony-MDR-EX10-LPB-In-ear-Headphones-in-Fashion-Colours-Black/Product.html?searchstring=in+ear+headphones&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchfilters=s%7bin+ear+headphones%7d%2b&cpage=6&ob=4&urlrefer=search"]http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...urlrefer=search[/url]

I've never had a pair of sony headphone that sounded terrible.

[quote name='Bankai' post='1335986' date='Aug 11 2011, 03:53 AM']Would recommend Sennheiser CX-200 earphones. A little more at £20 but worth it. Very re-inforced at the plug end.[/quote]

+1
I've used 1 set every year and I abuse them all the time, tying them up, throwing around + our drummer uses them for gigging with our click track from the iPod (not mine, his own set)
They have really good bass responses for a cheaper model of earphones, and best of all you can get em for around £13-£16 on eBay.

[quote name='civictiger' post='1342042' date='Aug 16 2011, 04:05 PM']+1
I've used 1 set every year and I abuse them all the time, tying them up, throwing around + our drummer uses them for gigging with our click track from the iPod (not mine, his own set)
They have really good bass responses for a cheaper model of earphones, and best of all you can get em for around £13-£16 on eBay.[/quote]

+2

Best headphones I've ever had, come with their own bag for protection when not in use too. I paid around £15 from Ebay but watch for fakes as they're the SM58 of cheap in ear headphones.

I own a pair of the CX-300II and they're pretty underwhelming, especially if you consider the RRP is £45. I think I paid around £15 for them from Play.com - I would have been disappointed had I paid any more. There are definitely better headphone on the market for the price.