Why become a member? ×

Loop switcher pedals

SisterAbdullahX

Been on the Gigrig website, their pro 14 looks awesome! But at 900 quid, it ain't cheap! Anyone know of anyone who could make a copy for considerably less cash? The main features of the Gigrig I like are the buffer circuit and individual preamps, and the mode switches to switch between selecting a loop with up to 10 effects or to select individual effects on top of the slected loop. It's some switches, DIP switches, jacks and leds, right? How hard can it be?

So, another cheapskate, huh..,
Listen up; when you're using cables like these for your pub gigs, you don't skimp on pedal switch boxes, OK..? Don't compromise your tone with the cheap copies, or home-made sh*t. Use the real deal (we all do, here...), you'll never regret it...
[attachment=86335:Most_Exp...uit_Cabl.JPG]

You could look at the Carl Martin Octaswitch or Combinator. They're loop switchers but don't have anywhere near the features of the GigRig ones. Then again, the price is significantly lower. But you specifically mention that you are attracted to the unique features of the GigRig switchers so I doubt you would be satisfied with the Carl Martin options. If you decide to go either the Carl Martin or GigRig route, let us know and we may be able to sort something out for you.

[quote name='fxpedal.co.uk' post='1334216' date='Aug 9 2011, 09:20 PM']You could look at the Carl Martin Octaswitch or Combinator. They're loop switchers but don't have anywhere near the features of the GigRig ones. Then again, the price is significantly lower. But you specifically mention that you are attracted to the unique features of the GigRig switchers so I doubt you would be satisfied with the Carl Martin options. If you decide to go either the Carl Martin or GigRig route, let us know and we may be able to sort something out for you.[/quote]

Yes, checked out the Carl Martin pedals, but having seen the GigRig I think I'd always feel like I was missing out. If I get rich anytime soon I'll have a Pro 14 off you. Thanks.

I'm using a Gigrig 14 Pro and I highly recommended. Yes, it's expensive if you buy it new, not so much if you go second hand, they tend to go for around the £450 mark, now and they pop up on Ebay or Gumtree. It's still a lot of money, not much if you compare it to some of the boutique pedals, but well worth the money in my opinion.

Check post #2690 if you want to see my board here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=289&st=2680"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=289&st=2680[/url]

Edited by PauBass

Depending on how many loops you need (because it's only got four), the [url="http://woboge.com/boxes_proglooper.html"]Wobo Proglooper[/url] is worth a look. A friend of mine has one, and it works beautifully. You get six presets, each programmable as to which loops they include and whether they're "complete" presets or just added on top of whatever preset you've already got running.

There's no price on the website, but I seem to remember it was something in the region of £250-300ish direct from the manufacturer, who IIRC offers a lifetime guarantee for the original owner.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm in the same boat here, want to able to switch between loops, but also have the option of having an effect in more then 1 loop.

The Octaswitch looks the business for me, i don't see the point of the all singing all dancing Gigrig.
I'm almost half tempted to sit down with an Arduino and build one myself, but i'm probably too lazy