Why become a member? ×

Feeler Big Al SSS Sunburst Maple **pic's added**

krispn

Ok so a feeler as I know there have been efforts to shift these basses on here with limited success!

Big Al SSS maple/vintage sunburst - £1150 includes hard case and candy and can ship with flats or rw strings. It is the African mahog not alder body. Fully active (4band eq) or passive (vintage tone control)

This bass will do almost any sound you are after and is a monster :)

Basically seen something available in the USA which is quite rare and a bass I've been after for a while - time is tight so any takers get in touch

Pic's to follow

Edited by krispn

I can honestly say this bass is amazing. From the neck profile and finish which is to die for (especially if you like a jazz style neck) to the sheer quality of the build. The pick ups are silent and the eq is more flexible than an Olympic gym team! As for the styling that's an individual thing but this bass is very comfortable to wear on the shoulder - they basically cut around a standard bass so the position on the shoulder is not affected by the shape of the Big Al - at its core it's just like wearing any other well balanced bass. It's actually better balanced than a lot of basses out there with no neck dive.

Tonally this has one of the best P bass tones I've played (especially for a rock band with round wound strings) and the passive tone knob woks beautifully and just like you'd expect, it's a slap machine and you can get a huge jazz bass bridge p/u tone especiallyin active mode with just a smidge of eq tweaking.

With flat wound strings the BA in the neck p/u sounds delicious (and once you add the middle p bass pick up it gets BIG) - great for playing acoustic gigs (with the bass amp'd/di'd of course) providing a deep rich tone, very supportive and for the classic rock tones that made us all lust after an EB-0 at some point and play Sunshine of Your Love endlessly . The with all buttons either up or down its a classic MM style sound - not identical, it was never meant to be, but sonically, unmistakably coming from the EBMM stable

Say what you will about 'Big Poppa' but EBMM continues to push the boundaries of bass manufacture in terms of design and features. Thank Christ some one is...no wait thats unfair Fender just released that 70's block neck P bass (that they never released in 1970 and the jazz pick up'd p bass and p p/u'd jazz bass??? :)

I'll get pic's tomorrow promise :) but it looks just like the one in the links posted in the original post and in Turk's. Both the links posted give a really good insight into what this bass is capable of but I'm hunting down a Darkstar'd bass in an exotic, distant land!

Thanks

Edited by krispn

Post surprise shindig bump.

More pic's going up later - I'd post a you tube link but the Ed Friedland video does a better job than I ever will.

Apologies to you guys who have been eagerly waiting on the pictures - it's been a busy weekend!

G

More pictures as requested including the neck pocket and the lovely curved heel at the base of the neck.

Bass can be demo'd if your local or able to get to Edinburgh. You may struggle finding one in local guitar shops - very few in the country. The neck profile is like a Sterling though so if you can get your hands on one of those you'll have an idea of how it plays.

Edited by krispn

Just back after jammin' with a covers band and I got every sound I needed. Upfront humbucker tone, classic P bass, even bust out a bit of slap with all pick up buttons in the down position for some Big Luth/Marcus Miller on Never Too Much.

Smokin' hot!

Get in touch for more info or any questions needing answered.