Why become a member? ×

AMERICAN SUNN 300T FOR SALE

I have a SUNN 300T bass amp in excellent cosmetic condition for sale, unfortunately the beast is not working at the moment. As it is vastly overpowered for the small studio I run I have decided to sell it on to someone who can fully appreciate its volume and downgrade to a smaller amp rather than getting it repaired.

From what I can see online these amps come up for sale very rarely so you could get a bit of a bargain if you are able to repair amps yourself or know a very good, cheap tech. As far as the fault with the amp goes I really have no idea, it could be very minor or obviously it could be a little more serious so you would have to bear this in mind when buying her. Last time I checked the amp did power up but a fuse had blown and no sound was produced. A replacement fuse also blew.

As you probably know these amps are one of the greatest and most versatile rigs out there (take a look at the manual online for the full specifications), when working this was easily the loudest amp I have ever played, with enormous amounts of gain and sub available as well as far more headroom than the Ampeg SVT or the Matamp 200 I have previously owned.

Its fairly difficult to put an asking price on this amp due to how rare they are (particularly US made models) and also because I don't know the exact nature of the fault and therefore cant guess how much it would cost to rectify. With this in mind I would be hoping for around £700.

The amp is located in central Brighton, unfortunately I am unable to deliver the amp anywhere myself but would be willing to arrange shipping (this would obviously cost A LOT). Viewing is not a problem, I have no pictures of the amp at the moment as I don't have a digital camera but I should be able to arrange some in the next few days.

TA guys, hope she can make someone very happy

• 1 year later...

Rather than post a new ad I thought I'd put something in here.

I've got a Sunn 300T that's sitting in my living room doing nothing; I had it serviced in the summer but the band I play bass in has ground to a halt, so I think I may sell it. Is anyone on here looking for one?

I'm struggling to find sales of this head in the UK in order to find a price! There was one on here a while ago that went for £850, so I guess £850.

I''ll probably struggle to find a buyer at this time of year but all this Googling to try and find a price has made me wonder whether I should be letting go of it anyway ha ha. It is like an earthquake played through a good cab.