Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker

madzombieguy

Rick basses have always had 20 frets, right from the very first 4000 series bass in the 50s. There are a few very, very rare 21 fret examples from the early 70s - but there's never been a 24 fret Rick bass, and realistically, Rickenbacker are so set in their ways, I seriously doubt that there ever will be.

Jon.

[quote name='clauster' post='152435' date='Mar 6 2008, 03:24 PM']I've sudenly found myself gassing for a Ric, not the 4003 but the 4004.

Anyone know of a UK stockist for the 4004?

I've tried the usual (GAK, Bass Gallery, etc etc)[/quote]
I was interested in a 4004 a couple of years ago. I emailed the UK distributor to see if there were any in the country -- but they said they had no way of knowing :)

So I gave up. :huh:

It might be easier to see if you could get a US import.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='madzombieguy' post='152434' date='Mar 6 2008, 03:24 PM']Can you suggest a bass with similar punchiness, in 24 fret form?[/quote]

Check out the [url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0264500552"]Fender Jazz 24[/url]. I had the privilege of playing one recently, and the EQ can dial in any amount of punch that you require. A great bass for the money IMO if you need 24 frets!

[quote name='misrule' post='152460' date='Mar 6 2008, 03:56 PM']It might be easier to see if you could get a US import.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Thought that might be the case, but not keen on spending that sought of cash on a bass I can't play first.

Maybe I'll finally go and see my aunt in Florida.

[quote name='clauster' post='152495' date='Mar 6 2008, 04:51 PM']Thought that might be the case, but not keen on spending that sought of cash on a bass I can't play first.

Maybe I'll finally go and see my aunt in Florida.[/quote]
Good move :)

Cheers

Mark