Why become a member? ×

Bass tab

Ricky

Can anyone give some advice please, Do you know any sites that i can use to convert bass tab into sheet music please. Why i'm asking is a good freind of mine wants to get a tattoo, and she wants to use one of my bass lines but seeing as i cant read or write music only tab its a little difficult to design for her, if anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

[quote name='Ricky' post='1314680' date='Jul 24 2011, 12:41 PM']Can anyone give some advice please, Do you know any sites that i can use to convert bass tab into sheet music please. Why i'm asking is a good freind of mine wants to get a tattoo, and she wants to use one of my bass lines but seeing as i cant read or write music only tab its a little difficult to design for her, if anyone can help it will be much appreciated.[/quote]

use Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar to input your bass line as tab... it has notation too.
Even if you don't know ANY notation, you can play with note durations until you get itsounding the way it should... and the notation will reflect that.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1314712' date='Jul 24 2011, 01:19 PM']use Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar to input your bass line as tab... it has notation too.
Even if you don't know ANY notation, you can play with note durations until you get itsounding the way it should... and the notation will reflect that.[/quote]

+1 on TuxGuitar

Just remember to go into Composition | Clef and change it to Bass :)

(I add this only because when I first downloaded it, it took me a while to find where to change it!)

Assuming she's only going to get a few bars done you could probably work it out yourself in less than an hour and be better for it.

Just remember good bassists deserve fine arse (The GBDFA on the lines of the stave, and the other notes in between). Took me 20 minutes to learn the fundamentals of notation and how to work out notes.

Edited by Ross

Personally if you are to do this I'd get together with someone who can read and write notation, and have them make sure it's correct, using any software or web tools is to risky

There are plenty of blokes with oriental tats that don't translate as they believe, you don't want a musical version of this

[quote name='mcnach' post='1314712' date='Jul 24 2011, 01:19 PM']use Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar to input your bass line as tab... it has notation too.
Even if you don't know ANY notation, you can play with note durations until you get itsounding the way it should... and the notation will reflect that.[/quote]

Don't forget to get someone else to check it before she gets it done. :)