Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser E606

Truckstop

Hello all,

About to take the plunge and buy a Sennheiser E606 microphone for live use. I'll be using it to mike up my cab. I'd like to own my own live sound gear and I simply don't trust the equipment that some soundguys might have. It'd also be handy to have my own mic for recording and practicing as I don't have DI in my amp. This way I can tweak my sound on the amp depending on how it sounds coming out of the PA etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these before I grab one? Are they good? Bad? Is there something better for similar money etc etc?

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

Hmmm, I was looking at the E602, but as I use some effects I was worried that it wouldnt replicate them so well. Especially seeing as the signal's already being passed through a set of speakers already; I was thinking that an E606 would pick up the nuances of my effects better.

Or is that silly?

Cheers

Alex

[quote name='Bankai' post='1315442' date='Jul 25 2011, 09:47 AM']I echo this thought. But use any microphone in combination with a DI.[/quote]

+1. I'd recommend sending a clean signal to the FOH using a DI box, and combining it with your mic'ed signal to represent the effected signal. That way, you won't suffer any loss of low end and the sound engineer will be happy.

[quote name='Bankai' post='1315442' date='Jul 25 2011, 09:47 AM']I echo this thought. But use any microphone in combination with a DI.[/quote]

+1. I'd recommend sending a clean signal to the FOH using a DI box, and combining it with your mic'ed signal to represent the effected signal. That way, you won't suffer any loss of low end and the sound engineer will be happy.