Why become a member? ×

1964 Burns short scale bass

4 Strings

A friend has had a bereavement in the family and has some bass gear to dispose including a 1964 Burns short scale bass.

Not sure of the model as I've not actually seen it.

I reckoned ~£300 as its a short scale and so would have fewer people interested.

What do you think? Was I close?

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1307953' date='Jul 18 2011, 03:22 PM']A friend has had a bereavement in the family and has some bass gear to dispose including a 1964 Burns short scale bass.

I reckoned ~£300 as its a short scale and so would have fewer people interested.

What do you think? Was I close?[/quote]

It really depends on the model I guess.

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1307953' date='Jul 18 2011, 03:22 PM']A friend has had a bereavement in the family and has some bass gear to dispose including a 1964 Burns short scale bass.

What model? What condition? Pics?

I had a Burns short scale around 1967, it was a few years old when I bought it for £15, so probably a 1962/63/64 model.

The model was a 'Sonic' and had two pickups.

If you have a picture, it would make it easier for us to identify it.

By the way, I swapped it a couple of years later for some fishing tackle, what a MUG!

MB1. :)
Theres a 1963 Burns Vista Sonic on Ebay at the moment for 2000 pounds. You need to find out which model youve got,maybe post some pics! :)