Why become a member? ×

SOLD***Stingray 4H***SOLD

bassybill

EBMM Stingray 4H 3EQ 2004 up for grabs. Translucent orange, rosewood neck. This was an impulse buy, brand new, on a lunch break from work, back in early 2005. The shop had five Stingrays in stock at the time, of which this was by far and away the best player when I tried them all, and it was in Wolves colours to boot! I just couldn’t pass on that. It’s a gorgeous looking bass and I’ll get some decent pics up later today.

Out of all the basses I’ve owned (and I’ve had a lot!) this is definitely one of the best made and best playing instruments. It’s a beauty. But I’ve only ever used it on one gig, even though I’ve had it over six years. That’s because I found the Stingray tone, while great on its own, just isn’t what I want to hear when I’m playing in a band. I still haven’t bettered my Jazz basses for that. On the other hand, if the Stingray tone is exactly what you’re after, this will obviously do the job for you, and you won’t find a better one anywhere, in my opinion. Because it’s been used so little, it is MINT – like new, not a mark on it. Of course it will come with the EBMM case (made by SKB, I believe?) with all the original tags and case candy. I’ll also throw in a new set of the stock EBMM Super Slinkys 45-100 with it. The bass is not getting played by me and it should go to a good home where someone will get some serious use out of it.

[b]I’m looking for [s]£800[/s] £750 cash[/b], which I think is a great price for a Stingray in condition like this, and would ideally prefer local pick up (I’m in Wolverhampton) or possibly a meet halfway if that’s a bit far for you. Shipping and insurance available at buyer's cost.

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1303236' date='Jul 14 2011, 09:48 AM']Pics or it didn't happen. :)[/quote]
True enough - my apologies to those waiting for pics today, life took over and I ran out of time. I'll get on it as soon as I have some decent light in the morning to take some. Here's the only pic of the bass I can find on my PC at present and this just shows it as "one of the family", doesn't do the bass justice at all. I'll take some better ones tomorrow.

Bill

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1304316' date='Jul 15 2011, 07:38 AM']thats a lovely stable of mistresses, do you sleep with them all at once or one per week?[/quote]

All at once - it's the only way!

Okay, I took some pics. They're not the most artistic shots you will have seen as my photography skills aren't great, as you can see. But I think they're good enough to show the condition of the bass, ie, like new. If anyone would like me to take close ups of any particular bit of it, just let me know.

Edited by bassybill

Weird - I got some interest in this within minutes of posting it and so I thought I might have a sale. Then the guy has to back out (before we'd agreed anything firm, I should add) because he had some very bad luck and his personal circumstances changed. Since then, very quiet. So, BUMP - at least, tell me what you think of the look and condition of the bass. Am I asking too high a price, ya think? Comments appreciated.

[quote name='bassybill' post='1307416' date='Jul 18 2011, 08:14 AM']Weird - I got some interest in this within minutes of posting it and so I thought I might have a sale. Then the guy has to back out (before we'd agreed anything firm, I should add) because he had some very bad luck and his personal circumstances changed. Since then, very quiet. So, BUMP - at least, tell me what you think of the look and condition of the bass. Am I asking too high a price, ya think? Comments appreciated.[/quote]
Looks great condition, I love the trans orange but it maybe not flavour of the month :) Not a MM person myself, I think your price is good - the market is just so bad, spare cash is a rare thing for most.

Good luck with the sale, hope the right buyer will be along - er soon.

Cheerz, John

Edited by KiOgon

Love the looks of the bass so much, September can't come soon enough so I can maybe get hold of 1 of these. If only I was nearer to where you are then I would be all over this bass.
have a free bump off of me.

Edited by JoshL

Well, I'm pleased that some folks like it and it doesn't seem outrageously overpriced. I know the market's slow, but the last couple of basses I sold on here (a Jazz and a Ric) went fairly quickly. Maybe I just got lucky. I still think that if anyone's after a Stingray they'll love the condition that this one has been kept in (as long as they like the colour :)). There can't be too many used ones come come on to the market after just one gig!

JoshL - I said I'd prefer local pickup, but I would ship it if someone was prepared to work with me on that! Whereabouts are you? There's a chance the bass may still be available when you're ready to think about buying and I wouldn't want you to rule it out just because you're too far away to collect.

Edited by bassybill

Thanks for being so accommodating about possibility of postage, I'm located in a place called Petersfield about half an hour north of Portsmouth so its quite a trek for me to get to Wolverhampton and unfortunately I do prefer to try things out before I jump in and spend this much money on these sort of things. So thanks for giving me the option and I'll keep it in mind but it may not be viable for me currently.
Sorry

Edited by JoshL

[quote name='Higgie' post='1309009' date='Jul 19 2011, 12:31 PM']I had an Abalone pickguard on mine when I had it, and thought it looked great. But now I really wish I'd just stuck a black guard on it! I'm a sucker for Orange :)

Have a free bump![/quote]

The black guard came as stock on this one - I do really like the look. Cheers for yesterday's bump, here's today's!

Still love the looks of this bass and if its still around when I get back from holiday I would be seriously interested in this if I can get up there to give it a try before I make a decision. I'll let you know my situation when I get back in a few weeks.

[quote name='JoshL' post='1313337' date='Jul 22 2011, 10:14 PM']Still love the looks of this bass and if its still around when I get back from holiday I would be seriously interested in this if I can get up there to give it a try before I make a decision. I'll let you know my situation when I get back in a few weeks.[/quote]

Okay, bud - although I'm hoping it will be gone quicker than that, to be honest. But if I still have it when you're back you are very welcome to come and give it a test to your heart's content. And £750 cash seems a pretty good price for this to me.

To recap, LIKE NEW, with the case and candy and a new set of strings to go on it at your leisure. Collection, or buyer covers shipping/insurance.

I thought you guys might like to see a picture of the bass in its case ready for packing. There’s bubble wrap over most of the length of the (slackened off) strings and also under the headstock. The spare strings are underneath the headstock also. On the left you can see a little plastic bag, taped to the lining. The bag contains the keys to the case and the original strap buttons (I'd fitted Schaller locking ones) and screws, wrapped in tissue paper in case they come loose. On the right you can see cleaning cloth, neck tags, et cetera. With the bubble wrap in place the lid closes very nicely with just enough pressure to keep the bass from moving.

It's now packed up very tight in a good box all ready for collection!