Why become a member? ×

broken pegs and bass lines

pickle

Just a quick rant...

SO yeah i was uber happy today after writing my first ever bass line that i stood up and put my bass down so i could get a drink, nt realising it wasnt secure. You can guess what comes next, it fell over and has bent a tuning key... Bitter-sweet day indeed lol

Status have put 2 strap buttons on the bottom of their basses for the last 30 years, that way the bass stands up on its own. I don't know why other manufacturers don't do the same.

Still coming up with your own lines is what music is all about, not the instrument you play it on. Your bass just has a bit more mojo now!

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='pickle' post='1298000' date='Jul 9 2011, 09:47 AM']Just a quick rant...

SO yeah i was uber happy today after writing my first ever bass line that i stood up and put my bass down so i could get a drink, nt realising it wasnt secure. You can guess what comes next, it fell over and has bent a tuning key... Bitter-sweet day indeed lol[/quote]

I've knocked lumps out of all my basses and never come up with a half-decent bassline, so you're well ahead of me :)

[quote name='TimR' post='1298493' date='Jul 9 2011, 08:00 PM']Lucky you hadn't written half of some huge great peom and some bloke knocked on the door making you forget the rest of it.[/quote]

:) Are you in a band called Xanadu by any chance?

yeah i managed to write it down, but now im having to use my backup bass which i had to spend ages adjusting the neck as it was like a bow lol. The missus ia not impressed that i now have to buy some new tuners, especially as we are supposed to be saving for a wedding.

Edited by pickle

[quote name='pickle' post='1298000' date='Jul 9 2011, 09:47 AM']Just a quick rant...

SO yeah i was uber happy today after writing my first ever bass line that i stood up and put my bass down so i could get a drink, nt realising it wasnt secure. You can guess what comes next, it fell over and has bent a tuning key... Bitter-sweet day indeed lol[/quote]

I have some spare Fender-style tuning keys, feel free to have one if it might fit. I bought a set when I did the very same thing with my old Stagg EDB. They are P/J style open gear tuners.

ficelles

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1298659' date='Jul 9 2011, 11:55 PM']Guitar
Stand.

That is all.

Condolences[/quote]

I know thats next on the list lol

[quote name='tony_m' post='1298671' date='Jul 10 2011, 12:13 AM']:)

:lol:

:P[/quote]

first i was like :D then i was like :) and now im like :lol:

[quote name='ficelles' post='1298685' date='Jul 10 2011, 12:42 AM']I have some spare Fender-style tuning keys, feel free to have one if it might fit. I bought a set when I did the very same thing with my old Stagg EDB. They are P/J style open gear tuners.

ficelles[/quote]

Thanks for the offer man, but i have just ordered a replacement set of gotohs off ebay. Thanks again tho, thats a really nice offer.

Yeah, been having a lot of trouble with that.
Moved back from uni to a room in my folks house about the 1/5th of the size of my uni digs, I've accumulated more stuff than I realised. Got one wall hanger, no other wall space, only option is to lean my second bass in the corner by my door. On laminate flooring.

It loves to fall over.

Edited by Ross

I bet it was a symphony....
:)

I love anti slip rubber matting of the kind used in caravans, tour buses etc.
It`s great for putting amps/guitars/mixers/laptops/toneports etc on shiny surfaces without fear of slippage or scratchage.
I use it at rehearsal for above and some was duly purloined by keys player who had a slippy keyboard. prob solved.
Dead cheap at pound shops.. erm. app £1.00 :)