Why become a member? ×

Got myself a nice little project

far0n

Right then, as expected.... 'cos I've had one before.... the G-String is weak as piss, so what should I do to rectify this ? Is it purely a pickup problem or preamp problem. Was thinking about maybe adding a Delano Pickup with a nice Agular preamp. All opinions welcome !

I'd certainly read a few rave reviews about the Nordstrand MM4.2 I think it is. Just curious but why the J-East preamp ?? Also read one or two things about getting the new pickup wired in series instead. Anyone care to comment ? ta muchly. Here's the beast, granted with a non standard scratchplate. But the originaly scratchplates were ridiculous anyway.

[quote name='far0n' post='1298079' date='Jul 9 2011, 11:19 AM']I'd certainly read a few rave reviews about the Nordstrand MM4.2 I think it is. Just curious but why the J-East preamp ?? Also read one or two things about getting the new pickup wired in series instead. Anyone care to comment ? ta muchly. Here's the beast, granted with a non standard scratchplate. But the originaly scratchplates were ridiculous anyway.

[/quote]

What a Swteal! (short for sweet steal)

Nordstrand MM4.2, nice pickup. I personally prefer Seymour Duncan SMB4A. I'd wire in parallel for Stingray type of sound. Series is good, higher output, but it's just not a Stingray sound.

John East preamp, for me, is preferable because although it pretty much models the original 2EQ, it sounds a bit more "tight" to me, and it adds a mids module with a centre frequency sweep control, that I use extensively (I have a 2EQ Stingray where I put the John East and it transformed the bass from something I really liked into a beast I adore).

SUB4 at OLP prices? I hate you! :)