Why become a member? ×

FS - Ibanez SR900

Bass Culture

[b]Ibanez SR900 in translucent black[/b]. I bought this off ebay about six months ago but I'm playing my Les Evans fretless pretty much exclusively. I believe these have recently been discontinued or superceded by a different model, the SR 700, which doesn't have the curved body. Anyway - Bartolini pickups, 3-band EQ and neck-through construction give this a really full sound. The smaller, curved body make this very comfortable to play. This comes with a nice Stagg gig bag. I gigged with it once but the previous owner has and I would describe it as being in very good condition. There's some very slight dings on it but nothing that will photograph and nothing you'd really notice without looking hard. It's a really nice bass. I'd looking for £300 + P&P for this, which is what I paid for it.

Any interested parties are very welcome to try the bass out if they can come to Chester to do so and I am happy to deliver up to a reasonable distance or meet halfway for petrol money only. I can take Paypal but buyer pays the fees I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by Bass Culture

The finish on the TRB for the money is just brilliant. It looks like a boutique bass and the sound is awesome. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a little more comfortable with basses that are on the small side of 'normal' it really wouldn't be going anywhere.

And you're right about the SR too. In terms of value for money the 900 is probably a better buy than the 1000. I don't really understand why they've discontinued it - or appear to have. Except maybe the curved body was not cost effective to produce on what is essentially a mid price bass. Very very comfortable to play though - especially for someone of my size.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='149179' date='Feb 29 2008, 09:50 PM']The TRB 1004 has now gone - thanks, Nas, and for the tour of the house! Ibanez still available, as follows:

[b]Ibanez SR900 in translucent black[/b]. I bought this off ebay a couple of months back and it's the reason I'm now gassing for the SR1000. Bartolini pickups, 3-band EQ and neck-through construction give this a really full sound. The smaller, curved body make this very comfortable to play. This comes with a nice Stagg gig bag. I haven't gigged with it but the previous owner has and would probably be best described as in very good condition rather than excellent. There's some very slight dings on it but nothing that will photograph and nothing you'd really notice without looking hard. It's a really nice bass. I'd take £300 + P&P for this, which is what I paid for it. STOP PRESS - I can't see the SR900 on the Ibanez website now so I think it may have been withdrawn as I believe they've just had a price rise too. Looks like the replacement SR700 is similarly specced but doesn't appear to have the curved body. Grab yourself a bargain while you can!

Any interested parties are very welcome to try the bass out if they can come to Chester to do so and I am happy to deliver up to a reasonable distance or meet halfway for petrol money only. I can take Paypal but buyer pays the fees I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Mark[/quote]

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='224078' date='Jun 22 2008, 12:10 PM']I have someone interested in this at the moment but will re-post if this turns the shape of the pear.

Thanks,

Mark[/quote]

P.S. Please disregard any references to the Yamaha bass - this was for sale back in February on the same thread but was sold. Sorry if this seems like a feeble and cheeky bump but I've just realised how confusing this might be after I've edited the title etc. from the original thread. Er, sorry.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...