Why become a member? ×

sale : jaco CS 1991 limited 100

epoxyjazzbass

Fretless epoxy
Limited to 100 piece, Custom shop (non relic) from 1991.
2 certificates signed by john page and kevin kaufmann (jaco repairman).
Bought in 2005 from rocknroll vintage Chicago.

No trade
2500€ or 2180£, price is firm
Shipping is 60€ or 50£ to europe and UK

[attachment=85002:jaco1.JPG]
[attachment=85003:jaco2.JPG]
[attachment=85004:jaco3.JPG]
[attachment=85006:jaco4.JPG]
[attachment=85005:jaco7.JPG]
[attachment=85007:jaco5.JPG]
[attachment=85008:jaco6.JPG]

Edited by epoxyjazzbass

Bump! I have the USA non-CS version - no epoxy. It is an amazing fretless bass - it is simplicity itself. I think it has a 62 jazz bass neck - slender and fast.
The tone is definitive! As good a fretless Fender as you can get!

[quote name='N64Lover' post='1290366' date='Jul 2 2011, 05:56 PM']Does it come with a pickguard? It seems like it should if the ashtray and pickup cover are included.[/quote]

No this model (limited 100 from 1991) never comes with a pickguard and there is no holes on the body to put the screws
The package is complete with all the candies

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1290732' date='Jul 3 2011, 07:37 AM']its a Jaco.. no pickguard as standard..but why no holes...awsome awsome bass mind..[/quote]

I am aware that Jaco had no pickguard, but he also didn't use the pickup or bridge covers so why include those. I'm just being fussy. :)

[quote name='N64Lover' post='1290823' date='Jul 3 2011, 10:36 AM']I am aware that Jaco had no pickguard, but he also didn't use the pickup or bridge covers so why include those. I'm just being fussy. :)[/quote]

It' s a question you can ask to fender... I don't have the answer.
But again the package is complete.

[quote name='gareth' post='1292552' date='Jul 4 2011, 06:51 PM']These are rare basses

And there are 2 on the forum both at the same time - or are they each slighly different - need more photos of this one to really tell

Any chance of posting some more photos?[/quote]

I can make some other photos... I will post in a few days.

Well this one is not a "relic jaco"; it' s a limited run from 1991 (sold by the bass center LA).
There is no hole on the body (for pickguard or cover) and it is not an artificial relic. In 91 the relic thing from the custom shop does not exist.
In 91 the custom shop introduced 100 jaco signature jazz bass and 100 james jamerson Pbass. This one is the n°18.
That one came with a certificate signed by "kevin kauffman" :
[url="http://www.kdiproductions.com/jaco_article.htm"]http://www.kdiproductions.com/jaco_article.htm[/url]

The relic thing have been produced for more than 10 years and is still in production. And, well I would like to try one of these. But they are not as rare as the '91 custom shop.

• 2 weeks later...