Why become a member? ×

behringer vamp pro??

gafbass02

I m curious about the behringer v-amp pro (the rackmount one) Anyone know if i can plug an ipod into the back and use it to practice along with through headphones?, so i can get the music unaffected and get the modelling and fx etc on the bass at the same time?

Edited by gafbass02

No sure about the pro, but I've got a standard guitar V-Amp2 for knocking up demos at home, and that has a stereo aux in with it's own volume control, so I'd expect the Pro would have it somewhere too.

Best bet is look on the Behringer website, they have all the manuals on there, so it'll say in there :)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='148218' date='Feb 28 2008, 08:11 AM']Thanks, i checked but couldent download the manual (vista complained) it looks like it has dual quarter inch line inserts on the back which i assume would do it???[/quote]

Ive got the manual in PDF form if you want it. I could email it to you.

looking at the specs it says the Pro doesn't have the stereo Aux in like the desktop version.

Edited by dave_bass5

The V-Amp Pro doesn't have a dedicated "aux in" socket.

It does have stereo "Post DSP Insert Return IN" jacks, though. These are the returns for an FX send/return loop for connecting an external FX processor. The arey "post DSP" which means any signal insert there will not be altered by the signal processing of the V-Amp. There's no relative control of the volume - that has to be controlled by the device being inserted at this point.

You should be able to connect an iPod there (using a suitable stereo mini-jack to dual mono jack adaptor) although, as always, keep the volume of the iPod very low initially and bring it up slowly to make sure it doesn't overload anythng.

I've got the manual on PDF - there's a 2.5 MByte manual and a 6 MByte diagram page. PM me with your email address if you want and I can email them to you.

[quote name='BOD2' post='148244' date='Feb 28 2008, 09:25 AM']The V-Amp Pro doesn't have a dedicated "aux in" socket.

It does have stereo "Post DSP Insert Return IN" jacks, though. These are the returns for an FX send/return loop for connecting an external FX processor. The arey "post DSP" which means any signal insert there will not be altered by the signal processing of the V-Amp. There's no relative control of the volume - that has to be controlled by the device being inserted at this point.

You should be able to connect an iPod there (using a suitable stereo mini-jack to dual mono jack adaptor) although, as always, keep the volume of the iPod very low initially and bring it up slowly to make sure it doesn't overload anythng.

I've got the manual on PDF - there's a 2.5 MByte manual and a 6 MByte diagram page. PM me with your email address if you want and I can email them to you.[/quote]

No, you can't do this - the insert returns cut the bass signal. I wanted to do the same with mine.

Why won't Vista let you download Behringer manuals? XP loves 'em.

[quote name='bremen' post='148284' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:38 AM']No, you can't do this - the insert returns cut the bass signal. I wanted to do the same with mine.

Why won't Vista let you download Behringer manuals? XP loves 'em.[/quote]

I hadn't tried this !

In that case the easiest way to go might be to get a small mixer. Put the V-Amp into one channel, the iPod into another channel and then the mixer output into your amp or headphones. Gives you complete control over levels etc. and it's always handy to have a mixer kicking around.

This would do the job [url="http://www.bluearan.com/sales/behringer/2nd_HAND_-_Behringer_UB502_Mixer.htm"]Behringer UB502[/url] or you could search eBay for something similar.

[quote name='BOD2' post='148314' date='Feb 28 2008, 11:28 AM']I hadn't tried this !

In that case the easiest way to go might be to get a small mixer. Put the V-Amp into one channel, the iPod into another channel and then the mixer output into your amp or headphones. Gives you complete control over levels etc. and it's always handy to have a mixer kicking around.

This would do the job [url="http://www.bluearan.com/sales/behringer/2nd_HAND_-_Behringer_UB502_Mixer.htm"]Behringer UB502[/url] or you could search eBay for something similar.[/quote]

I've got one of those. Very nice and very cheap. works well with my PC.

[quote name='BOD2' post='148314' date='Feb 28 2008, 11:28 AM']I hadn't tried this !

This would do the job [url="http://www.bluearan.com/sales/behringer/2nd_HAND_-_Behringer_UB502_Mixer.htm"]Behringer UB502[/url] or you could search eBay for something similar.[/quote]

Or you could take the 'send' output from the Vamp into one mixer channel, the ipod into another and then feed the mixer output into the Vamp 'return'. You'd then get a mixed signal from the Vamp headphone output.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!
Reckon ill just try and pick up a used regular v-amp as that seems to be the easier option its just for home practice, but going straight to my current 2 channel headphone mixer thingy sounds a bit uninspiring so the regular desktop vamp sounds like a plan!