Why become a member? ×

Signal blenders

matt_citizenbass

A Boss LS-2 will be the cheap option, plus lots of extra useful features if you need them. An Xotic X-Blender is probably the best out there but will cost you. If you wanna keep it British then check out the sfx s&m pedal.

Edited by deej

[quote name='deej' post='1282309' date='Jun 25 2011, 05:50 PM']A Boss LS-2 will be the cheap option, plus lots of extra useful features if you need them. An Xotic X-Blender is probably the best out there but will cost you. If you wanna keep it British then check out the sfx s&m pedal.[/quote]

Depends what you are looking for but another British option:

[url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page25.html"]DHA Bob the Blender[/url]

[url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html"]Barge Concepts[/url]

The VFB can be picked up pretty cheap and it won't muck up your tone, it does just what it's meant to do. The feedback loop is an interesting part of the pedal, if you've got a fuzz and a delay in the loop you can get some great feedback tones.

[quote name='thumbo' post='1282827' date='Jun 26 2011, 10:16 AM'][url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html"]Barge Concepts[/url]

The VFB can be picked up pretty cheap and it won't muck up your tone, it does just what it's meant to do. The feedback loop is an interesting part of the pedal, if you've got a fuzz and a delay in the loop you can get some great feedback tones.[/quote]

I just picked up a custom barge concepts double blend double looper (two loops, two blend settings per loop + variable z) from Mark on here. it is amazing. So +1 for Barge Concepts.

[quote name='RichF' post='1282924' date='Jun 26 2011, 12:07 PM']I just picked up a custom barge concepts double blend double looper (two loops, two blend settings per loop + variable z) from Mark on here. it is amazing. So +1 for Barge Concepts.[/quote]

That sounds like a great pedal. I could really do with something like that for my board.

[quote name='thumbo' post='1283173' date='Jun 26 2011, 06:03 PM']That sounds like a great pedal. I could really do with something like that for my board.[/quote]

when I bought it I really didn't think I'd need it but soon as you have the option you find yourself with a whole range of wet/dry blends for different tracks. For a monkey like me (unlike Shep or some other pedal genius) it's sort of a half way house between pure pedal based set up and an FX unit.

I'd hardly call myself a genius! I just stole lots of Pre-existing ideas & info! :)

Oddly I don't use as much blending as I should and most of my signal is one pedal after another... I've started blending a little recently and part of me wants to do more... But my signal chain is a little to crazy to do it easily. I use an LS2 for what I do and it's works perfect. Tone is coloured 'slightly' by the Boss buffer, but in my set up that doesn't matter... As I don't use a clean tone at all!

I've heard real good stuff about the Barge so that be my 1st port of call after the trusty LS-2

[quote name='deej' post='1283338' date='Jun 26 2011, 08:47 PM']Did Barge Concepts stop making their pedals, or did I just imagine this? Im sure I read something like that a while back.[/quote]

not sure what's with them. There were def issues a while back and if you go to bargeconcepts.com there's not been much going on for 18 months. The pedal range is still behind the front page. [url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/mb.html"]>>HERE<<[/url]

I think Barge stopped. I met Geoff Bryant of Barge Concepts a few years ago when he very kindly delivered a few pedals to my hotel in New York. Really nice guy. He was in the middle of some very trying times with family members on their way out. This was in the summer of 2008 and they were just about to relocate to Long Island. I get the feeling they were sadly another victim of the recession.

BUT - they sure did make some amazing pedals. I have a VB-jr Blender, a GLZ boost/variable impedance buffer and an RC-2 Compressor. All great and very useful pedals.