Why become a member? ×

Hurrah for customer service

lushuk

Hi guys , I just wanted to say that I ordered £500 worth of stuff from GAK last week, the order went wrong when it came a day late, and a lack of communication to tell me that, there was also some very slight damage (but im being really picky), I dropped them a email Sunday night to make them aware that I thought it was not the best transaction ive ever done. To often shops get slated for their customer service, but I thought GAk were great, I received a phone call from them to apologise for the mistakes, I got £85 quid off which was refunded straight away and the promise of a "silly price" on anything else I may want , so I put them to the test and indeed they quoted on a tuner 25% cheaper than anywhere on the net!
Its the 1st time ive dealt with them and of course have no connection with them at all, but just wanted to point out credit where credits due!

I bought a Line 6 amp head from GAK back in January.
It arrived faulty and I needed a replacement urgently for a gig.

I decided against another Line 6 and went for a Peavey instead.

They shipped a Peavey next day for the price difference, no mucking about waiting for the Line 6 to be returned and they even used the same courier to take the Line 6 away at the same time.

Brilliant service and a healthy dollop of common sense - I've shopped with them ever since.

I've had TERRIBLE service from GAK. There's been threads on here before about how bad they are, hopefully this is a sign that they're changing for the better.

I ordered a head, tuner and rack case from them, the guy offered to put it all in the rack case so it would be more protected in shipping, I agreed and thought it was great. He then didn't touch it and went on holiday. Everyone else refused to touch the order until I demanded to be put onto the manager after about a week and a half (it was supposed to be next day delivery) then after an argument he agreed to get it sorted.

When I ordered something else from them they said they'd do it cheaper (after I told them that I wanted it cheaper because of the last order) and they still basically price matched with other places in the UK and they managed to screw up the delivery times again so I had to spend 3 days waiting around for nothing (this was after waiting because they didn't have the item in stock, even though their website said it was, luckily I ordered over the phone so I knew about that, if I'd ordered online I probably wouldn't have found out).

In the end I got some money back off them (I forget how much, about 5% I think) and they were supposed to send me some free patch leads with the 2nd order. After over a month of me ringing up once a week or so they sent me the wrong ones and I couldn't be bothered to follow it up.

Not great service for over £1,000 worth of custom.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1276583' date='Jun 21 2011, 01:02 AM']I've had TERRIBLE service from GAK. There's been threads on here before about how bad they are, hopefully this is a sign that they're changing for the better.

I ordered a head, tuner and rack case from them, the guy offered to put it all in the rack case so it would be more protected in shipping, I agreed and thought it was great. He then didn't touch it and went on holiday. Everyone else refused to touch the order until I demanded to be put onto the manager after about a week and a half (it was supposed to be next day delivery) then after an argument he agreed to get it sorted.

When I ordered something else from them they said they'd do it cheaper (after I told them that I wanted it cheaper because of the last order) and they still basically price matched with other places in the UK and they managed to screw up the delivery times again so I had to spend 3 days waiting around for nothing (this was after waiting because they didn't have the item in stock, even though their website said it was, luckily I ordered over the phone so I knew about that, if I'd ordered online I probably wouldn't have found out).

In the end I got some money back off them (I forget how much, about 5% I think) and they were supposed to send me some free patch leads with the 2nd order. After over a month of me ringing up once a week or so they sent me the wrong ones and I couldn't be bothered to follow it up.

Not great service for over £1,000 worth of custom.[/quote]

+1 but this was months back. Hopefully they have upped their game.

Some good, some bad. ?
I bought a Jazz bass from them and no issues at all.

Not the cheapest though but certainly one of the better IMO.

I prefer Bass Direct who have been excellent with me and I will use them for any future purchases.

Dave

Under the distance selling regulations, a company that sells goods at a distance must offer a seven day refund guarantee. This must include outward carriage costs.

GAK's Terms and Conditions say this:

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/terms-and-conditions"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/terms-and-conditions[/url]

[quote]7 Day Money Back Guarantee

In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, any goods can be returned for any reason within 7 working days for a refund, [b]less carriage costs[/b]. Returned goods must be in their original condition and packaging. If you decide that you do not wish to keep an item you can either return it to us yourself, or contact us and we will arrange collection. The average cost for a collection is £50.[/quote]

(my emphasis)

This appears to suggest that GAK are not compliant with the DSRs.

I asked them about this some time ago, before the well known Next case. [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10560466"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10560466[/url]

GAK told me they were going to look into it. Given all the publicity since then, I'm surprised to see that they haven't updated their T&Cs, and personally it looks to me as if they are aware that they're breaking the law, and still going ahead and doing it. I.e., in my opinion, ripping people off.

I'm aware that my company aren't compliant with all sorts of regulations. It's not that we don't want to sort them out, it's just that it takes a long time. I imagine GAK would include the outgoing shipping cost in your refund anyway, despite the vague wording.