Why become a member? ×

Competition in today's Sun

silentbob

[quote name='silentbob' post='1272871' date='Jun 17 2011, 03:57 PM']If anybody's interested there's a comp in today's paper on page 63 to win a rather tasty Nash PB-57 Precision valued at £1500. Thought it would be a bit selfish to enter and not tell everybody.[/quote]
In the [i]Sun[/i]??

What's going on with that paper? First a Rush article, then they give away a Nash P-bass.

Bizarre...

I was going to mention this but I thought it might break advertising rules.

It costs £1.50 to enter, though.

Many of the senior Sun staff are metal fans -- at least four play guitar to a high standard. One runs a three-piece blues band in Hastings, another fronts a punk metal band in Kent.

There is even a Sun covers band -- Ten Bananas.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='1272970' date='Jun 17 2011, 05:15 PM']I was going to mention this but I thought it might break advertising rules.

It costs £1.50 to enter, though.

Many of the senior Sun staff are metal fans -- at least four play guitar to a high standard. One runs a three-piece blues band in Hastings, another fronts a punk metal band in Kent.

There is even a Sun covers band -- Ten Bananas.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Do they open their set with "Here comes the Sun" followed with "House of the Rising Sun" etc etc ?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1273148' date='Jun 17 2011, 08:27 PM']Do they open their set with "Here comes the Sun" followed with "House of the Rising Sun" etc etc ?[/quote]
Er, no ... the nearest we get is You Took The Sunshine From New York by the Wildhearts.

Oh, and Don't Believe A Word :)

Cheers

Mark