Why become a member? ×

Installing chrome pickup and bridge covers.

Evil Undead

• 2 weeks later...

Small update....

I decided to go with Ou7shined's suggestion of blu-tack which works really well, and I don't seem to have a problem playing with them on. But I'm going to play a gig with them on before I take the plunge.

One small issue though. I find myself resting my hand on the bridge cover when I'm playing pick style. The blu-tack seems to move slightly and the cover slips down. Not a major problem but I have to keep re-adjusting it which is a minor inconvenience :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1289549' date='Jul 1 2011, 08:51 PM']Small update....

I decided to go with Ou7shined's suggestion of blu-tack which works really well, and I don't seem to have a problem playing with them on. But I'm going to play a gig with them on before I take the plunge.

One small issue though. I find myself resting my hand on the bridge cover when I'm playing pick style. The blu-tack seems to move slightly and the cover slips down. Not a major problem but I have to keep re-adjusting it which is a minor inconvenience :)[/quote]

Just dinnae bother. I bought a set put them on (they looked lovely) but they really cramp your style when playing. Fender knew what thet were doing when they stopped selling basses with the covers on.

[quote name='gjones' post='1289571' date='Jul 1 2011, 09:15 PM']Just dinnae bother. I bought a set put them on (they looked lovely) but they really cramp your style when playing. Fender knew what thet were doing when they stopped selling basses with the covers on.[/quote]

When I'm playing, I have no problem at all so far as I play close to the bridge (I like the tone there). In fact, they seem to help me, as I rest my thumb against the pickup cover when playing fingerstyle, and the side of my palm against the bridge cover when using a pick.