Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

30 Days in the Hole - Gov't Mule

Patster1969

Hi all

Don't know if this is a bit hopeful but does anybody have a copy of the tab for the "30 Days in the Hole" bassline by Gov't Mule? Have got the basic riff down but there are a few parts where the bassist widdles away & can't quite get it. Have found many versions of the Humble Pie version but it appears to be completely different.

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks

Pat

Edited by Patster1969

Thanks for the reminder, what a great song that is. Just spent many happy minutes playing along with Youtube clips, and it doesn't strike me as a song where historical accuracy matters a lot, it's the feel. Well, if you're in a Govt Mule tribute band maybe. Otherwise, I'd abuse your substance of choice and play along. It'll come to you.

Our drummer is obsessed with Gov't Mule Spiny. TBH, I knew nothing about them until he mentioned that he really wanted to do this particular song. The basic riff is a great riff & I'll have to listen closely to what the bassist is playing outside of this, but as you said, if it's close, it should spoil the feel of the song.

I hadn't heard much Govt Mule up until a year or so ago. They turned out to be much more musically adventurous than I'd expected, though still firmly rooted in the blues I found them refreshing to listen to. Don't recall seeing any UK live dates for them though which is a shame, seems one of those bands that really comes into its own in a live setting.

[quote name='KevB' post='1272667' date='Jun 17 2011, 01:01 PM']I hadn't heard much Govt Mule up until a year or so ago. They turned out to be much more musically adventurous than I'd expected, though still firmly rooted in the blues I found them refreshing to listen to. Don't recall seeing any UK live dates for them though which is a shame, seems one of those bands that really comes into its own in a live setting.[/quote]

Saw them in Paris about 5 years ago. Absolutely brilliant. Warren Haynes has a great voice and Matt Abts is one of my all time fav drummers. A truly great, live band.