Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6P mark 1 (1992)

philwood

For sale (no trades Im afraid) very very reluctantly this gorgeous Yamaha TRB6P which I bought last year from mattbass6 and if he doesnt mind I'm going to steal his spec!
I am only selling because I got married in December and spent more that we originally budgeted for and need to come up with some money!! This is a reluctant sale as I have wanted one of these for a long time.
[s]£1000 + p&p[/s] [b]REDUCED TO £900[/b].

This is in absolutely beautiful condition. It has been set up professionally and has a neck and ebony board to die for. It is a Translucent Blue colour which are getting harder and harder to locate and has a sound that caters for all styles. It comes with it's original, brown Yamaha case and is currently strung with LaBella Supersteps. The string spacing is 19mm and the scale length is 34" and weighs in at around 10lbs. It currently has strap locks on that I will include.

If you want to try it, then obviously not a problem. Thanks for your time and hopefully hear from someone soon. Grab a rare, beautiful bargain while you can.

P.S. Here are the tech specs directly from Yamaha -

Construction Neck-thru-Body
Scale Length 33-7/8" (860mm)
Neck Maple/ Mahogany
Fingerboard Ebony
Nut Width 2-3/16" (56mm)
Radius 39" (1000mm)
Frets 24
Body Figured Maple/ Rose/ Maple
Bridge BPZ-6 (with Piezo)
Pickups Single Coil x 2, Piezo Pickup
Pickup Switch 2 Balancer
Controls 5-Control System
Hardware Gold
Color Translucent Blue

Piezo Pickups in Solid Brass Bridge
The piezo pickups used on the TRB models use individual bimorphous piezo elements for each string, all built into a specially designed bridge which is machined from solid brass.

Figured Maple Body with Thru-neck Construction
The TRB-series basses feature figured maple bodies that offer the requisite tone as well as outstanding visual appeal.

Neck-thru Models
Because piezo pickups directly pick up the resonance of the instrument body, the body itself must be made from the finest woods and designed to deliver rich, deep tone. The neck-thru design of theses basses affords the best possible foundation for this amazing sound.

Edited by philwood

Man, I can't believe it is back here as I know how much you wanted this, so sorry mate but if it has to go, to has to go. I was talking to a mate about this bass a couple of weeks ago because it is the bass I used for our High Voltage performance last year and he wanted to know what had happened to it. Anyway for anyone reading this, Phil is a top bloke and a real pleasure to deal with plus the bass is bloody gorgeous. Good luck with the sale matey :)

[quote name='mattbass6' post='1276677' date='Jun 21 2011, 09:21 AM']Man, I can't believe it is back here as I know how much you wanted this, so sorry mate but if it has to go, to has to go. I was talking to a mate about this bass a couple of weeks ago because it is the bass I used for our High Voltage performance last year and he wanted to know what had happened to it. Anyway for anyone reading this, Phil is a top bloke and a real pleasure to deal with plus the bass is bloody gorgeous. Good luck with the sale matey :)[/quote]

I know shocking isn't it. I may even decide to keep this yet!
Thanks for your kind words, hope your well mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I guess there´s some pound to kg conversion confusion. 6.5kg would be 13.23 pounds, that´s very heavy, even for a 6er,

Cheers Arpi

Would be a nice Bandname. "CONVERSIONCONFUSION"

Edited by arpi

Sorry, DUHHH that was slow of me not to notice that!
hmm my scales seem to be changing their mind all the time here. Any way just weighed it now in the kitchen, living room AND bathroom and it weighed 4.7kg / 10.4lb in each room today. Maybe the bass is on a diet.

Edited by philwood

[quote name='rumour6' post='1328720' date='Aug 5 2011, 01:55 PM']Had several of these, fabby basses; sure I can't interest you in a part trade against my Spitfire 5 Fretless??? If this is still around when mine sells...
Best of luck.

Andy[/quote]

Sorry Andy really need the cash, thanks anyway though!

Phil