Why become a member? ×

Custom built Celinder inspired Bass *Price drop*

zapp

So I have finally decided to sell my custom built Bass as I've moved back to the dark side..(Guitar) for good and I would like to put the money towards a new Guitar amp I have my eye on.

The story behind the Bass.

A few years ago I decided the only way I'd ever get a Bass I really wanted was to have it built. The Basses that I most lusted after were Celinder and Fodera. Love the Celinder shape and Fodera's use of exotic woods.....but how to combine the two? After some initial talks with the Forum's own 'Chopthebass' (Ian, very nice guy now in Canada) and looking at some of his other creations (several Sei inspired headless beauties) he was duely commisioned. I still have all the build pics for anyone interested.

The design.

Body shape is the Celinders' take on Fenders' Jazz. Fully scuplted forearm and gutaway with a Sei inspired relieved neck joint for better access up the dusty end. The neck dimensions were taken from my Ibanez SR1000 prestige. The headstock is angled back a few degrees to obviate string tree's.

Timbers.

Body. Mahogany core, Burr Maple front and Flame Maple back with Black Ash veneers to highlight the join. The control cavity is cut from the same Flame Maple and matches beautifully.
Neck. Three pieces of Maple, two outers are Flame and the centre is Hard Rock. The facing on the headstock matches the body with the trussrod cover matching perfectly. Trussrod is two way. Fingerboard is Macasser Ebony with side dots only.

Hardware.

Pickups are EMG PJ set Active powered by an Aguilar pre amp. The control cavity is copper lined. Hipshot Bridge and Machine heads (ultralites). Marvel locking straplocks.
Complete with hardcase.

The attention to detail and build quality of this instrument is second to none and if I hadn't rediscovered my love for the guitar coupled with the desire for a new amp I wouldn't be selling it. My loss is your gain. You can probably guess that the best quality timbers, hardware and build doesn't come cheap but its also not unreasonably expensive (although I appreciate these things are subjective). So I'm asking a very reasonable £875. If you'd like to try before commiting to buy thats fine as I'm confident that anyone seriously interested will have it. :)

Ah yes......some pics? Go on then...

Edited by zapp

• 2 months later...

That is a wonderful looking bass! PJ #ftw! Is this still available for sale?
[quote name='zapp' post='1273806' date='Jun 18 2011, 02:58 PM']Price drop to.......£875.......an absolute bargain for a unique beautifully built instrument. :) I'll even bung a new set of strings on it.[/quote]