Why become a member? ×

New SX on order

neilb

[quote name='Metallicat V3.0' post='150647' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:47 PM']A mass BC'er SX purchase might be fun depending on the discounts, a cheap jazz fretless would go nicely :huh:

D

xx[/quote]

Someone already looked into it and was told there would be no discount! :)

I posted this a couple of weeks ago

I've just spoken with Kurt...

Good news and bad news I'm afraid, bass people.

The bad news is that the 6 basses would have to be all the same type and style ( no mixing 4 and 5 strings or Jazz and PB's) although they could be different colours: he is not sure how he could post such a large parcel to UK: and there would be no quantity discount.

So the good news is you can go and buy one yourself in the type, style and colour you wish!

[quote name='fifeq' post='147525' date='Feb 27 2008, 12:16 AM']i just bought squier affinity for 30 quids stripped it down and now want to modded little bit.
OLDGIT: after that maybe you could compare it with SX?
i just bought it as a project but with very old strings through sansamp sounded nice:)[/quote]

Sure .. PM me and we can meet.

[quote name='fifeq' post='150773' date='Mar 4 2008, 12:05 AM']i haven't finished that yet but when i will do it i will PM you and will give you it for review:) i would like to compere it to SX:)[/quote]

Er not sure I'm the man for a review but I'll give you an opinion :)

[quote name='neilb' post='145934' date='Feb 24 2008, 11:49 AM']A US customer has this, which is how I aim to "mod" mine to look.

[/quote]

Very nice!
Has that got white pearl topped knobs?
I don't normally like them but they go well with the pearly plate.

does anyone have this one??

[url="http://www.rondomusic.com/spj62vwh.html"]http://www.rondomusic.com/spj62vwh.html[/url]

looks brilliant, and could well be a good passive back up for my fender p special

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='150740' date='Mar 3 2008, 11:11 PM']I posted this a couple of weeks ago

I've just spoken with Kurt...

Good news and bad news I'm afraid, bass people.
The bad news is that the 6 basses would have to be all the same type and style ( no mixing 4 and 5 strings or Jazz and PB's) although they could be different colours: he is not sure how he could post such a large parcel to UK: and there would be no quantity discount.

So the good news is you can go and buy one yourself in the type, style and colour you wish![/quote]
Nice try Keith.
We CAN however get a bulk buy discount on the "No Name" basses from Curly's Music and I would not be surprised if they are sourced from the same factory as SX's. I have checked mine against the pictures of an equivalent SX and it appears identical. OK the choice isn't as big, but should work out cheaper and are easier to return if there are any problems. Would love to compare mine to an SX 62 P Bass and nail this one for good.
I am not touching it until it has been to the NW Bass Bash so anyone attending can evaluate it in its delivered state.
After that on with a Wizard Thumper and Gotoh Bridge and away we go.