Why become a member? ×

FS Shuker Throughneck 6 String Fretless SOLD

Scooby

Here's a lovely Shuker 6 String lined fretless that I accepted in part-exchange recently. It's a Through neck deluxe +, Neck is maple and paduak, EMG pups and shuker 3 band preamp - all the technical spec here:

It's been completely set-up with new Rotosound Flatwound strings and sounds amazing! The combination of the Shuker EQ with the EMG's gives you so much tonal range! The body is fairly narrow making it very comfortable to play and weighs much less than most other 6 strings that I've played. The body wood looks like Ovangkol - not absolutely certain - but it has a beautiful flame effect, particularly when the light catches it. There is very little fingerboard wear and the only defects are three very, very slight marks on the headstock, which doesn't show on any pictures I've tried to take.

Overall, a great bass from a Master luthier.

Edited by Scooby

That is such a beautiful fretless tone. I usually abhor the 'if only it had one less string' type comments, but in this instance I'd be the one saying it! Such a shame it comes so close to me swearing I wouldn't touch another 6 string for a while.

Have a BUMP for a gorgeous bass at what, to me at least, seems to be an absolute bargain price.

Bargain price of £775 (which is what the bass owes me). It's well worth this kind of money - if I needed another 6 string I'd be keeping this one as it plays like a dream and has a great range of tones. Loads of tone for your buck!

[quote name='arpi' post='1272749' date='Jun 17 2011, 01:54 PM']Hello, very nice. How much does it weigh?

Cheers Arpi[/quote]

The bass is approximately 9lbs. That's comparing it to my other basses for which I know the precise weight (I haven't any scales to check for the exact weight).

That's two basses of yours that I like! A pity I let the Overwater 6 get away! Going for this one with Scooby :)
[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1273042' date='Jun 17 2011, 06:34 PM']I think this used to belong to me.

A very nice bass :).[/quote]