Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass 6B Neo Power cab for sale or trade

Hello all

You've missed the M300 head and the 8B cab, so I just have the fabulous PJB 6B Neo Power cab left.

[url="http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?id=15"][b]6B cab[/b][/url][list]
[*]Sensitivity: 95dB/W/M
[*]Impedance: 6 ohm
[*]Frequency Response: 35Hz - 15KHz
[*]Power: 300W
[*]Size: 15.8 x 17.7 x 23 inch ( W x D x H)
[*]Weight: 46 lbs / 21 kg
[/list]

[b]£325 collected. Price includes a lovely padded cover by Hotcovers that cost me £41 and now also a PJB speaker cable (£40).[/b]
Thanks

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

Bump for these cabs...

I've just got the 24B and they work differently to every other cab I've played through (and thats quite a few). they don't sound like they are pushing bass on the stage but stand at the back of the venue and you can FEEL the bass, it's as though it's going through you. Awesome kit, I might be tempted myself but the 24 is probably enough :)

[quote name='Monz' post='1266928' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:37 AM']Bump for these cabs...

I've just got the 24B and they work differently to every other cab I've played through (and thats quite a few). they don't sound like they are pushing bass on the stage but stand at the back of the venue and you can FEEL the bass, it's as though it's going through you. Awesome kit, I might be tempted myself but the 24 is probably enough :)[/quote]

Thanks for the bump Monz. Yes, great cabs and your description is spot on. I am very happy with them, just fancy going back to playing a P through an all-valve head driving 12" speakers :)

I used my m500 with an 8b and a bassplayer came out of the audience and said how great the combination sounded, and how amazed he was at the sound coming out of 8 5 in speakers.

We were also asked to turn down by t commitee because we were punching it out a bit.

Ive used mine every week now for a couple of monrths, and it does take a bit of time to get used to them, but they are great bits of kit.

The 24 version must be bloody awesome

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='gilmour' post='1274568' date='Jun 19 2011, 11:50 AM']Can the 8B and 6B be used together, or does it provide an odd amount of ohms?[/quote]

Ive used that combination with my m500 without a problem, it works out to 2 .67 ohms. If you look on the phil jones site under 8b, the reviewer uses a 6b plus an 8b with an m300

[quote name='Oldman' post='1276469' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:23 PM']Hi what condition is the 8 b in? How long have you had it?[/quote]

It's mint, just weeks old, I still have the box. Only selling as I want to go to old skool valves and 12" drivers.

[quote name='walbassist' post='1276470' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:24 PM']It's mint, just weeks old, I still have the box. Only selling as I want to go to old skool valves and 12" drivers.[/quote]

Thats a good deal, I thought I got a good deal on mine but I would have snapped someones hand off at that price

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for dropping off the PJB M300 head to me today. It was great to meet you and I'm really loving the head already; it sounds fantastic and you obviously look after your stuff as it's in great copndition.

If anyone is tempted by the 6B cab but is wary about buying then check out Gareth's feedback via his basschat profile - you'll notice as I did that many people from here have purchased stuff from him in the past and all agree; he's true gent and very knowledgeable about bass gear. I also got to pick his brains about bass string and pickups and he was more than happy to offer advice. :)

Highly recommended.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11627&hl=walbassist"]walbassist's feedback[/url]

P.S. I already have an 8b cab and have also tried the 6b cab. If you haven't tried one then you've missed out; you'll struggle to find a clearer or fatter bass tone than this anywhere and these cabs are also very portable. I can't see myself ever wanting to change my double bass rig from this and it's also the best sound I've heard from a low B string on a 5-string electric bass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...