Why become a member? ×

Bass body and x2 humbucker pickups £30 the lot!

I had a great idea about two years ago to strip a Westfield bass I had, give it a new paintjob and put it back together. Two years later and it's still in bits gathering dust, some screws and knobs missing in action. When it was assembled it was a beaut, a cheapo bass that kicked out a really nice punchy tone. My laziness could be your gain. ....

[attachment=81775:front.JPG]
[attachment=81783:back.JPG]
First up- solid wood body, nice grain, stripped and clean. I don't know what the wood is. I also have a bag of screws and the back plate which covered the electrics which I'll chuck in. £15

[attachment=81785:pups1.JPG]
Two black humbucker pickups, wires still attached, plenty of length to play with. Honestly have a lovely sound to them. £15

[attachment=81784:Bridge.JPG]
Black bridge, can't tell you much about this, it was the stock one which came with the bass. [b]Happy to give this away to anyone that wants to cover postage or collect[/b]

I'd prefer pickup from Manchester or Stockport but could post for a quid or two extra if you wanted to cover postage. Open to offers on anything, just give me a yell!

Gem

Edited by gemdids

[quote name='Gizmo' post='1256905' date='Jun 4 2011, 10:23 PM']Id be interested in the neck(with postage)
can i ask you to hold it 4 me till i can PM you tomorrow as typing is a pita on this phone!

Cheers
Gizmo[/quote]

On hold for you :)

[quote name='alyctes' post='1257013' date='Jun 5 2011, 12:41 AM']How wide, deep and long is the neck pocket, please? The neck seems to have sold...[/quote]

It's 2.5" wide and 0.75" deep. As the neck pocket is on a slant, the right side which is the longest, measures 3.5"and the left 2.75". If you need a close up picture let me know.

Edited by gemdids

[quote name='dc2009' post='1258788' date='Jun 6 2011, 07:13 PM']What wood is the body?
Thanks
Dan[/quote]

[quote]First up- solid wood body, nice grain, stripped and clean. [b][i]I don't know what the wood is[/i] [/b]. I also have a bag of screws and the back plate which covered the electrics which I'll chuck in.[/quote]

Edited by BigAlonBass

[quote name='dc2009' post='1259157' date='Jun 6 2011, 11:53 PM']Bugger me, I apologise, I skim read top and bottom and not the middle.

I'm tempted, I'm planning a project this summer. I'll have a think. :-)[/quote]

Not a problem, it's still available if you decide you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pickle' post='1280507' date='Jun 24 2011, 08:20 AM']Hi how much would you be willing to take for the body and bridge inc postage to merseyside? And is there any chance of some other pics as they dont seem to work.[/quote]

Hi mate, sorry only just seen this message. Yep, everything is now sold.