Why become a member? ×

My Pedal Demo Video collection - *FREE PEDAL GIVEAWAY!*

I am not excane

I started a few weeks ago putting up pedal demo's on youtube and will be continuing with a lot of stuff I have coming in.

Here is the link:

[size=4][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExcane"]My YouTube Pedal Video Collection[/url][/size]

[size=5][color=#FF0000]UPDATE....

Just wanted to add that I will be starting a FREE PEDAL GIVEAWAY at the end of the month. All you have to do is subscribe to my youtube channel (and hopefully get some insight to some killer pedals) but you will automatically be entered for a chance to win.

I will randomly select the winner at the end of November[/color][/size] :)

The newest ones I put up include Darkglass B3K, Audio Monk Fuzzpotion, Iron Ether with Menatone Mailbomb.

[b]I'm open for all suggestions if you guys want me to record a pedal![/b] (I'll let you know if I have it or can get access to it)

Pedals that I have currently and in the process of recording are:

Barber Trifecta
Barber Dirty Bomb
TH Audio Grump Bass Fuzz
Earthbound Audio Supercollider
Fuzzhugger ABsynth
DNA Analogic Bass Dragger
Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus
GNI Phaser/ Flanger
Rivera Metal Shaman
Team Awesome Fuzz Machine
Jack Deville Mod Zero
Empress Multidrive

Look for those within a week or so.

Edited by I am not excane

[quote name='burno70' post='1248562' date='May 28 2011, 02:26 PM']Hey man - good stuff, nice one!

The b3k sounds killer - I'm saving up for one right now. Whats your favourite dirt out of your mighty collection?[/quote]

For strictly overdrive, hands down the B3K wins. It's the most transparent overdrive (if you want it to be) or can get very saturated. It keeps the most low end with the blend control and doesn't clip your signal or send it into fuzz territory like so many gain pedals tend to do.

For fuzz, the depth charge is my all-time favorite.

Distortion is tricky, haven't been able to nail down a favorite but I keep an MXR full-bore on my pedalboard for the versatility it offers and it sounds great with bass and guitar.

[quote name='PauBass' post='1248925' date='May 29 2011, 04:27 AM']Good work!

I'm really liking the Darkglass B3K too!

I'd love to hear what it sounds like when playing fingerstyle, do you have any clips by any chance, please?[/quote]

I will be doing more clips of the B3K and will definitely include fingerstyle.

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1249687' date='May 29 2011, 09:24 PM']I will be doing more clips of the B3K and will definitely include fingerstyle.[/quote]

Thanks! Looking forward to those clips.
Before I order one I'd like to hear what it sounds with fingers, sound differs a lot when usin a pick, what's your opinion?

[quote name='PauBass' post='1251879' date='May 31 2011, 01:46 PM']Thanks! Looking forward to those clips.
Before I order one I'd like to hear what it sounds with fingers, sound differs a lot when usin a pick, what's your opinion?[/quote]

It's the same difference as using fingers vs pick without using FX.... of course it will sound different, but the tone of the pedal will still sound almost like the clip with the pick. The pedal retains all of your playing dynamics and is very sensitive to your attack. That's a big plus with this pedal PLUS, it doesn't start to "fart out" or get fuzzy like a lot of overdrive pedals do when pushed. You can get some fuzzy tones out of the B3K, but it's the only pedal I've used that still keeps the "grind" without getting mushy or fuzzy.

I'm in the process of getting a Zoom Q3HD to drastically improve the sound quality. I purposely want to record these videos by NOT going direct into a board because I feel you get a more real-world sound of what it will actually sound like when you plug in and play live in a band situation (unlike a pristine studio recording)

Edited by I am not excane

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1252310' date='Jun 1 2011, 04:26 AM']It's the same difference as using fingers vs pick without using FX.... of course it will sound different, but the tone of the pedal will still sound almost like the clip with the pick. The pedal retains all of your playing dynamics and is very sensitive to your attack. That's a big plus with this pedal PLUS, it doesn't start to "fart out" or get fuzzy like a lot of overdrive pedals do when pushed. You can get some fuzzy tones out of the B3K, but it's the only pedal I've used that still keeps the "grind" without getting mushy or fuzzy.

I'm in the process of getting a Zoom Q3HD to drastically improve the sound quality. I purposely want to record these videos by NOT going direct into a board because I feel you get a more real-world sound of what it will actually sound like when you plug in and play live in a band situation (unlike a pristine studio recording)[/quote]

Thanks, I have already order one...can't wait for it to arrive!

• 2 weeks later...

A few new ones are up for bass including the Rivera Metal Shaman, Earthbound Audio Supercollider, TH Audio Grump Fuzz, and Team Awesome Fuzz Machine.

I have some new ones coming in, so look for more every few days - and let me know if you want me to demo a guitar pedal with bass or bass pedal with guitar. I'm happy to oblige. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...