Why become a member? ×

christian bass players

nomis

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1359070341' post='1949604']
I figured out this year that I actually have a phobia of churches. Isn't that weird? It's a good thing I'm an atheist otherwise I'd be missing out on a lot of gigs! :blink:
[/quote]

Hey there,

I've always thought it helps to think of a church as a community of people rather than a physical building, if you keep that in mind you might be able to walk past one and not break out into a sweat :lol: !!

However I digress...

.....what I was responding to was an earlier post RE Christian groups that are out there, surfers, stamp collectors and coffee pot makers etc. My take is that a Christians faith should be a foundation in their life, so when you also meet people who like other things you like (err, like bass playing, air hockey or musical tastes etc :D ) you'll already onto a winner!

Sleeps!

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1359075775' post='1949685']
I've always thought it helps to think of a church as a community of people rather than a physical building, if you keep that in mind you might be able to walk past one and not break out into a sweat :lol: !!
[/quote]

I don't even know why I have the phobia, I've had it all my life! It's just being inside one that sets me off... sweating, nausea, and anxiety, followed by vomiting and sometimes fainting if I don't leave right away. Come to think of it, the same thing happened when I did a school nativity play!

Maybe it means I'm the antichrist?? :lol:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1359076566' post='1949694']
I don't even know why I have the phobia, I've had it all my life! It's just being inside one that sets me off... sweating, nausea, and anxiety, followed by vomiting and sometimes fainting if I don't leave right away. Come to think of it, the same thing happened when I did a school nativity play!

[/quote]

You could ease yourself in by going to a church that meets in a school hall ! THen work your way up. You'll be able to get into a cathedral by the end of the year !

On another note, anybody looking for new, progressive, slightly different Christian music could take a listen to Gungor. Top. top quality and a real heart for worship. A bit different too.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1359076566' post='1949694']

[/quote]

sounds more cleansing than a phobia! :D