Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender P bass, Mexican Classic series

funkysimon

[quote name='Thunder Fingers' post='142654' date='Feb 18 2008, 06:38 PM']Oh man! I have always wanted to try one of thoose! I suspect that you ain't intrested in a 6 string trade?[/quote]

Heh, unless it's a guitar... I've not got a bass playing gig at the mo, so I'm limiting myself to one bass! But thanks for the offer :)

[quote name='funkysimon' post='142951' date='Feb 19 2008, 11:16 AM']Nope, there's nothing but air in there. I guess you could wedge a bit of foam in if you wanted?[/quote]

If you're interested in selling the tort guard seperate from the bass let me know!

In fact I'm close to buying the bass - why was the string tree moved - is there a dead spot problem?

[quote name='BB2000' post='143495' date='Feb 20 2008, 12:47 AM']If you're interested in selling the tort guard seperate from the bass let me know!

In fact I'm close to buying the bass - why was the string tree moved - is there a dead spot problem?[/quote]

I just checked back on the emails I exchanged with the previous owner (it was King Tut of this parish, in fact), and he said the custom pickguard cost him £50 due to the holes being in a non-standard place, so you were pretty much on the money with your guessed value!

King Tut had this to say about the moved string tree:
"I had to move the string retainer over a couple of mm on the headstock as it wasn't quite in line"
I assumed he meant in line with the slots in the nut. Maybe it was an aesthetic thing rather than a dead spot problem?

edit: and if you are interested in the bass do drop me a PM, though there are a couple of people in the queue ahead of you, so...

Edited by funkysimon

Hi guys - I was the previous owner. The string tree had to be moved because it was out of line, and one of the strings (G I think) was close to popping out from under it - which made me nervouse. I'm pretty sure the banding is just the grain of the wood showing through. They're specced up as alder but when (luthier) Andy Viccars saw it, he thought it was ash - although just one 'twang' confirmed it was alder.

I only sold it on because with little hands, I couldn't get on with the wide shallow neck. She's a nice bass - I've got some soundclips if anyones interested.

Col