Why become a member? ×

BB424X Gigbag v Hard Case

Rusco

Hi all.. I posted before about advice on my bass shortlist and, advice taken, I tried out a few Ibanez’s, Fenders and Yamaha’s. I was a little underwhelmed by the Fenders to be honest trying up to the new USA Specials. Ibanez’s were very nice but I kept coming back to the BB424. I couldn’t believe there was so much difference between the three.

After some ‘X’ or not and colour advice from my 4 and 6 year old boys it was agreed a black BB424X was the way to go (I wanted white.. got out voted, but black looks great too), which I took delivery of on Monday.

My first impressions are it feels a big step up in performance from my CV60 Jazz, time will tell but so far so good and very pleased.

Anyway enough waffling... I also bought a well padded gig bag but am wondering now if it’s going to protect the pickup selector switch that well. I can see one knock and it will be damaged so thinking of buying a hard case.

Does anyone keep their BB in a gig bag and had a problem ?, I know the 1024 comes with a gig bag but no idea what type.

Any suggestions hard cases ?

Thanks!

I've had no issues lugging my BB415 around in a well padded bag for the past year, neither should you if you look after it! I prefer the bag as I can carry it on my back, most of my gig/rehearsal travel is via public transport and carrying a hard case would knacker my arms!

I prefer hard cases. The padded bags will stop some damage, but a Hiscox case will stop a hell of a lot more. They are of course, less easy to cart about, so it can depend on your transport. If you have a car, get a hard case. If dependent on public transport - well I`d still get the hard case, but can see why a padded bag would be so much easier in this situation.

I never use hardcases. I'd much rather use a really good gig bag like iGig ( or mono),than a hard case.
Hard cases are a pain in the arse.I've had my bass in the back of vans and trailers with other gear,on planes-once in the hold,as well as in and out of my car all the time,and I've never had one problem. Plus,you can carry it on your shoulder.

Thanks for the replies, it gets transported around in the boot of my car and yes I do look after my kit so I'll stick with the gig bag and see how it goes. I'll maybe look at a hard case if things change. Just my over cautious OCD with my new addition!

Cheers.. R.