Why become a member? ×

Nick's Basses.

NickThomas

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='142185' date='Feb 17 2008, 10:21 PM']Very nice collection Nick! :)

The G&L is fabulous and IIRC, sounded great when you had it at last year's SE Bass Bash.. What are the mods on your Fender Jazz 5?

Nik[/quote]
Hi mate ,

The jazz 5 has the audere jz3 with the original Fender pups. Beautiful tones to be had from it now. I just wasn't a passive bass man.
Just bought a cs jazz V today to join my little stable :huh:

Nick.

Edited by NickThomas

• 2 weeks later...

A mate of mine has one of the original Patrick Eggle prototypes which was reviewed in Guitarist magazine way back when. It's a great instrument. I do remember playing a Milan bass when they came out, but it was a bit too much money for me at the time.

Nice to see that one's alive & kicking :)

The Eggle was my first delve into 5 string , and into fretless. Bought it sight unseen from ebay , and gigged with it the following night which I was pretty pleased about as I'd never played fretless before.
Biggest dilemna was having to actually physically put my fingers on the correct string to start each song lol.

Here's the new jazz .. havent had a chance to take any photos yet in decent light, so here's a temporary one that I was sent by the fella I bought it from.

Stunning bass, excellent punchy clear tones and a nice weight too .

I should've mentioned ... its a Custom Shop Classic V . Colour is ebony transparent , but the photo doesnt capture that very well, so I'll try sometime soon in better lighting conditions :)

Edited by NickThomas

[quote name='NickThomas' post='149634' date='Mar 1 2008, 09:54 PM']Here's the new jazz .. havent had a chance to take any photos yet in decent light, so here's a temporary one that I was sent by the fella I bought it from.

Stunning bass, excellent punchy clear tones and a nice weight too .

I should've mentioned ... its a Custom Shop Classic V . Colour is ebony transparent , but the photo doesnt capture that very well, so I'll try sometime soon in better lighting conditions :)[/quote]
That's a beauty, Nick!!

You must come to the Bash now so we can give it a try! Or at the very least, we can take it up there for you... :huh:

Very interested to know a ball park figure for what it cost? Doesn't look cheap...

• 4 months later...